What Irks You Most About UK Haters?

BleedBlue12

Hmmm since you seem to know all, then why did UMASS get stripped of its final four appearance then?

I'll take a stab at an answer.

It wasn't anything Calipari did to cause the Final Four to be stripped. Camby and his going on's with the agent was on his own. Cal didn't know about it. When he did discover what had happened he and the university self reported the violation to the NCAA. If he doesn't do that, the NCAA would never have known about the infraction, and UMass would still have their Final Four. If anything, Cal should be applauded for his ethics in the Camby situation. But some of you want to make it look something like this:

Camby: "Hey coach, I've been talking to this agent and he's giving me some gifts and money. Is that okay with you?"

Cal: "I don't see why not. Just be careful though. We've got a heck of a season going you know, already beat Kentucky and are rated number one in the nation. So be careful and don't say anything to anyone. Let it be our little secret. You know how the NCAA frowns on those kind of things."

I'm sure Cal told Camby this and gave him his blessings for his infractions while his team was having one of the best years of his coaching career. :rolleyes::isurrender:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a stab at an answer.

It wasn't anything Calipari did to cause the Final Four to be stripped. Camby and his going on's with the agent was on his own. Cal didn't know about it. When he did discover what had happened he and the university self reported the violation to the NCAA. If he doesn't do that, the NCAA would never have known about the infraction, and UMass would still have their Final Four. If anything, Cal should be applauded for his ethics in the Camby situation. But some of you want to make it look something like this:

Camby: "Hey coach, I've been talking to this agent and he's giving me some gifts and money. Is that okay with you?"

Cal: "I don't see why not. Just be careful though. We've got a heck of a season going you know, already beat Kentucky and are rated number one in the nation. So be careful and don't say anything to anyone. Let it be our little secret. You know how the NCAA frowns on those kind of things."

I'm sure Cal told Camby this and gave him his blessings for his infractions while his team was having one of the best years of his coaching career. :rolleyes::isurrender:

And the innocence continued at Memphis......................??

And the innocence continued at Memphis......................??

I think that if the NCAA told any coach in the country that their best player is cleared by the NCAA...they would play him.

Shame on Calipari for playing a player who was cleared and eligible to play :rolleyes:

I think that if the NCAA told any coach in the country that their best player is cleared by the NCAA...they would play him.

Shame on Calipari for playing a player who was cleared and eligible to play :rolleyes:

C'mon man... I know where you live and all, but then why would the NCAA take away those wins. Something shady went on. What do the people in Memphis think of Cal now..?..and yes I have read some of your other posts.

I like the Tigers, and don't blame Cal for leaving for the money, but to act like he is up for sainthood and has never knowingly bent any rules is beyond my scope of reason. :idunno:

C'mon man... I know where you live and all, but then why would the NCAA take away those wins. Something shady went on. What do the people in Memphis think of Cal now..?..and yes I have read some of your other posts.

I like the Tigers, and don't blame Cal for leaving for the money, but to act like he is up for sainthood and has never knowingly bent any rules is beyond my scope of reason. :idunno:

I find it funny the full-court press defense put on by the faithful w/re to Calipari's shady past. Especially when a number of them are perfectly happy to discount John Wooden's accomplishments because of the Sam Gilbert association — even though Wooden was never penalized by the NCAA.

I find it funny the full-court press defense put on by the faithful w/re to Calipari's shady past. Especially when a number of them are perfectly happy to discount John Wooden's accomplishments because of the Sam Gilbert association — even though Wooden was never penalized by the NCAA.

Agreed:thumb:

Oh come on Jim. The Memphis situation was the NCAA being boneheaded as usual. If you were a college coach, and the NCAA told you player A was eligible to play, would you not play him?

As far as the UMass situation, I think it's very naive to think Cal wasn't at least ever so slightly aware of what was going on with Camby. Did he know for certain, or encourage what happened? I'd venture to say no, but I'm sure he had heard grumblings or something to that extent.

Oh come on Jim. The Memphis situation was the NCAA being boneheaded as usual. If you were a college coach, and the NCAA told you player A was eligible to play, would you not play him?

As far as the UMass situation, I think it's very naive to think Cal wasn't at least ever so slightly aware of what was going on with Camby. Did he know for certain, or encourage what happened? I'd venture to say no, but I'm sure he had heard grumblings or something to that extent.

That's all fine and dandy, but the fact still remains his programs have twice been penalized with FF appearances stripped, while no violations ever befell a Wooden UCLA team. That makes it at least a little bit hypocritical to try so hard to defend Calipari's past while at the same time belittling Wooden's teams because of the alleged Gilbert misdeeds, from which no penalties ever were assessed.

That's all fine and dandy, but the fact still remains his programs have twice been penalized with FF appearances stripped, while no violations ever befell a Wooden UCLA team. That makes it at least a little bit hypocritical to try so hard to defend Calipari's past while at the same time belittling Wooden's teams because of the alleged Gilbert misdeeds, from which no penalties ever were assessed.

From my understanding, it was and is well-known that Wooden's players were paid back then. The difference is the NCAA didn't have rules against such actions. I have zero problems with that, but yes it is hypocritical for those fans who defend Cal's past violations to cry foul regarding Wooden, I agree.

The UMass penalties I feel are legit, however the NCAA penalizing Memphis because the NCAA screwed up is baloney IMO.

You know where I live? What does that have to do with anything? lol.

Enough that UMASS was stripped of its final four apperance, and Memphis had their 30+ wins revoked. That bending. Two places-same head coach-I'll allow you to attempt to figure it out.

And what rules did Cal bend? I can't seem to find where he actually bent or broke any rules. I see what Camby did, UMass self reported when they found out, and they had those stripped. I see where Rose allegedly had someone else take his SAT after he had already been ruled eligible by the NCAA and played his freshman season. Get me a link and I will gladly read up on it!

And what rules did Cal bend? I can't seem to find where he actually bent or broke any rules. I see what Camby did, UMass self reported when they found out, and they had those stripped. I see where Rose allegedly had someone else take his SAT after he had already been ruled eligible by the NCAA and played his freshman season. Get me a link and I will gladly read up on it!

He is the overseer, and therefore responsible. If an employee does something wrong-maybe one time the boss gets away with saying they didn't know. Two times....hmmm. The third time tha axe will fall. Very similar to a story out of baseball. Do you believe Tony LaRussa never really knew about Canseco and McGwire's steroid use? I don't.

He is the overseer, and therefore responsible. If an employee does something wrong-maybe one time the boss gets away with saying they didn't know. Two times....hmmm. The third time tha axe will fall. Very similar to a story out of baseball. Do you believe Tony LaRussa never really knew about Canseco and McGwire's steroid use? I don't.

Just because Jesus knew that Judas was going to betray him and his team (the disciples), doesn't mean that Coacl Cal and LaRussa knew they would be lol.