What Irks You Most About UK Haters?

BleedBlue12

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead and name names. And while you are at it, show proof of where this anonymous person berates UK fans for being in the 18%. If it is who I think it is, I have never seen this person berate anyone on here or being an 18%. I have seen this person make many sarcastic posts that obviously the written word does not translate as well for, but berate, not hardly.

The 18%ers are the most obnoxious fans in all of sports. UK does nothing wrong in their eyes....ever. They also have an elitist air about themselves that may or may not be deserving depending on how you rate the greatness of a college basketball program. I have despised UK ever since I was a kid. I grew up in Bowling Green and my father worked at WKU and we had season tickets for the basketball team. UK would never schedule a game with WKU. Louisville played WKU every year so as a kid I took it that UK felt they were too good or too scared to play WKU so I grew up with resentment toward UK. As I got older I actually attended UK as a student. I was there when Roderick Rhodes transferred(dismissed) from the team to clear room for Ron Mercer which was one of the strangest things I had ever seen and the 18ers all said he had done nothing in 2 years so they were okay with booting him off the team. I also think Tubby deserved better.

While UK fans have tremendous passion, pride and as Dicky V. says the most knowledgable basketball fans on the planet..... I can't stand the 18%ers and they ruin any chance of me rooting for UK basketball.

I'm sorry....I guess I don't know the definition of berate...or sarcasm.

Go ahead and name names. And while you are at it, show proof of where this anonymous person berates UK fans for being in the 18%. If it is who I think it is, I have never seen this person berate anyone on here for being an 18%er. I have seen this person make many sarcastic posts that obviously the written word does not translate as well for, but berate, not hardly.

Again, I have never berated any person or branded them an 18%er. I never said I didn't talk about the 18%ers as a whole.

I guess anyone has the right to cheer for/be a fan of any team they chose. With that said, for some reason it irks me when someone has no ties (went to school there, lived/lives nearby etc...) to a school but choses to cheer for that school over an in state or local team. So many times it seems it is done simply to be different or ruffle feathers. No problem with someone being a Louisville fan, but why in the world would someone from Ky be a Duke fan? With many that I know that falls into this category it seems to be a life pattern...always has to be different or opposite than everyone else.

I guess anyone has the right to cheer for/be a fan of any team they chose. With that said, for some reason it irks me when someone has no ties (went to school there, lived/lives nearby etc...) to a school but choses to cheer for that school over an in state or local team. So many times it seems it is done simply to be different or ruffle feathers. No problem with someone being a Louisville fan, but why in the world would someone from Ky be a Duke fan? With many that I know that falls into this category it seems to be a life pattern...always has to be different or opposite than everyone else.

While I don't doubt that may be true with many, what's wrong with being different? This world would be a pretty boring place if everybody liked the same things.

I enjoy being around people that are "different" in a sincere original way. Some I know almost seem to take an informal poll of their surroundings to gauge when and how to be different. It would take way too much effort to always make sure you are in the minority as far as your likes, dislikes etc.... Just be yourself and quit trying to impress everyone with how different you are. On second thought, just conform, it's much easier.

Again, I have never berated any person or branded them an 18%er. I never said I didn't talk about the 18%ers as a whole.

Poor choice of words on my part. I apologize...I should have just said that 18% of OTHER teams think that is ok, but "can't stand 18% of UK" and find them "obnoxious". I guess I just find that ironinc that one can admit being part of that group for their team, yet have those feelings about another. I suppose I'll stop posting on this thread since I don't really understand how all that works. Once again, my apologies for a poor word choice. :isurrender:

Poor choice of words on my part. I apologize...I should have just said that 18% of OTHER teams think that is ok, but "can't stand 18% of UK" and find them "obnoxious". I guess I just find that ironinc that one can admit being part of that group for their team, yet have those feelings about another. I suppose I'll stop posting on this thread since I don't really understand how all that works. Once again, my apologies for a poor word choice. :isurrender:

Apology accepted.(more sarcasm)

I thought that you understood where I was coming from when I made my rant laced with sarcasm. You even said you understood where I was coming from. It's never hard to have a rational discussion with UK fans about UK issues. It is hard to have a rational discussion about Duke on here at times. That can be frustrating at times. Forgive me for my reactions. Like I said, I thought we had come to an understanding in that thread. Had I known you were going to tell me you understood where I was coming from and then come into another thread to personally attack me then maybe I would have thought twice about my post. If I am going to be treated as an 18%er for Duke, I need to know so I can act appropriately.

It bothers you when haters tell the truth?

What really bothers me is the way they try to trash coach Cal with no facts what so ever and present them as the truth ie. the UMASS/Camby situation. The fact is that Pitino will die of veneral disease before UK goes on probation or has to vacate a banner or wins because of violations by Cal.

What really bothers me is the way they try to trash coach Cal with no facts what so ever and present them as the truth ie. the UMASS/Camby situation. The fact is that Pitino will die of veneral disease before UK goes on probation or has to vacate a banner or wins because of violations by Cal.

:lol: I don't even know what to say. :ohbrother:

Apology accepted.(more sarcasm)

I thought that you understood where I was coming from when I made my rant laced with sarcasm. You even said you understood where I was coming from. It's never hard to have a rational discussion with UK fans about UK issues. It is hard to have a rational discussion about Duke on here at times. That can be frustrating at times. Forgive me for my reactions. Like I said, I thought we had come to an understanding in that thread. Had I known you were going to tell me you understood where I was coming from and then come into another thread to personally attack me then maybe I would have thought twice about my post. If I am going to be treated as an 18%er for Duke, I need to know so I can act appropriately.

I've been called the king of sarcasm before...and like you said, it doesn't translate to the typed word. I really am sorry. I think you are a very knowledgable sports fan and I think we would get a long well -- in person. I think you are probably just like me and MOST fans...we let emotion enter the equation of our conversations without meaning to. To be fair, I tried not to personally attack you. I was really just making a point how we can all be part of the 18% group from time to time and hate the other teams 18%ers. Anyway, I'll be done with this thread cause I feel like everyone just wants to argue and I hate to argue.

Ok the vacating will be because of one of Cal's players, does it really make a difference? It will happen under Cal's watch just like it happened at Memphis and UMASS.