First ever female high school head football coach

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, wide receiver?:eyeonyou::lol:

I finally found the artical that I saw on the news.

It's actually Natalie Randolph. She is 29 years old. She was an assistant coach at another HS from 2006-2008 in DC. Today she is the head coach of Calvin Coolidge High School ,also in DC.

She played in The National Womens Football Association .

I dont have an issue with it. I personally would not enjoying playing for or coaching with a femaile. But, if someone else can do it then its fine with me.

Honestly, I saw a female official blow a call in the end zone a few years ago in the state championships. It wasn't so much that she blew the call, it was more about how she reacted to the play. She acted as if it was just any other play....she could have given a hand signal or something to say why she didn't make the call....but as I recall It, I got the feeling she simply didn't have the same feel for the game. It was an odd reaction.

And, like it or not, it doesn't mean you can't KNOW the game, you can. But it also doesn't mean you know what its like to line up knowing you will kick some butt or get yours kicked.

I dont have an issue with it. I personally would not enjoying playing for or coaching with a femaile.

Why?

Honestly, I saw a female official blow a call in the end zone a few years ago in the state championships. It wasn't so much that she blew the call, it was more about how she reacted to the play. She acted as if it was just any other play....she could have given a hand signal or something to say why she didn't make the call....but as I recall It, I got the feeling she simply didn't have the same feel for the game. It was an odd reaction.

Do we need to talk about how many male officials have blown calls? How does this relate to the thread?

And, like it or not, it doesn't mean you can't KNOW the game, you can. But it also doesn't mean you know what its like to line up knowing you will kick some butt or get yours kicked.

You did see the post above yours, correct?

What if she goes 0-10 for 5 years straight. She will be ACLU bait. The school won't be able to fire her for fear of being sued into the stone age. Some kids will transfer or stay home. Program ceases to exist in a competitive form or all together. Lets face it, this is a real possibility. If she wins, thats great, if she doesn't it will be covered up.

What if she goes 0-10 for 5 years straight. She will be ACLU bait. The school won't be able to fire her for fear of being sued into the stone age. Some kids will transfer or stay home. Program ceases to exist in a competitive form or all together. Lets face it, this is a real possibility. If she wins, thats great, if she doesn't it will be covered up.

Wouldn't that be similar to a school hiring an African-American (or Asian-American, etc.) for the first time? You can't make a hire out of concern for how you will fire them.

Do we need to talk about how many male officials have blown calls? How does this relate to the thread?

This thread is about a female coach. I thought the REACTION to the call was weid..the fact she blew is secondary. The fact she didn't seem to have the same intensity of that play bothered me much more than the call itself. Everybody misses calls, but miss it with some passion towards the play.

Wouldn't that be similar to a school hiring an African-American (or Asian-American, etc.) for the first time? You can't make a hire out of concern for how you will fire them.

Not even close in my opinion. I wouldn't have any problem playing for a Asian or Black coach as long as it was a man. As I think back on my Army days the top 5 sargents and officers I that I would trust my life to were Black or Asian. If you recall the women in an Army unit that was attacked by a ragtag group of Iraq's hid themselves while the men fired back. The lose of so many rifles due to cowardly behavior by the women caused the unit to be destroyed and all were captured or killed. The women were called heros by the press and PC crowd. If a man had hid an not returned fire he would be convicted of cowardess under fire and thrown in jail at least. In case you have not noticed, men and women are not the same. No man would trust his life in combat to a women. The truth is very ugly to those who refuse to see it.

This won't last. I hate to sound pessimistic, but it won't. Why some choose not to accept there are things in this world that are just better suited for men, than women (and vice versa) I have no idea. Granted, there are plenty of men in the profession that can't coach there way out of a wet paper bag.

Not even close in my opinion. I wouldn't have any problem playing for a Asian or Black coach as long as it was a man. As I think back on my Army days the top 5 sargents and officers I that I would trust my life to were Black or Asian. If you recall the women in an Army unit that was attacked by a ragtag group of Iraq's hid themselves while the men fired back. The lose of so many rifles due to cowardly behavior by the women caused the unit to be destroyed and all were captured or killed. The women were called heros by the press and PC crowd. If a man had hid an not returned fire he would be convicted of cowardess under fire and thrown in jail at least. In case you have not noticed, men and women are not the same. No man would trust his life in combat to a women. The truth is very ugly to those who refuse to see it.

I guess you missed my point. It had nothing to do with who you want leading you into battle or the capability of men or women in leadership positions. Your original comment was how firing her would be bait for the ACLU. My response was how firing an African-American or Asian-American could be similar bait for the ACLU. But again, you can't make a hire with concerns about how you will fire them.

I guess you missed my point. It had nothing to do with who you want leading you into battle or the capability of men or women in leadership positions. Your original comment was how firing her would be bait for the ACLU. My response was how firing an African-American or Asian-American could be similar bait for the ACLU. But again, you can't make a hire with concerns about how you will fire them.

If that school board did not consider this possiblity then they were negligent. She is a double minority so she is a lock to win a lawsuit no matter what she does. This was strickly a PC move that had nothing to do with putting a winning team on the field. If my son was a talented football player with a future in the game and his school made the same mistake I would transfer him or move. Her chance of pulling it off are about 10% in my opinion.

If that school board did not consider this possiblity then they were negligent. She is a double minority so she is a lock to win a lawsuit no matter what she does. This was strickly a PC move that had nothing to do with putting a winning team on the field. If my son was a talented football player with a future in the game and his school made the same mistake I would transfer him or move. Her chance of pulling it off are about 10% in my opinion.

It's not like the hired the lunch lady or anything geesh buddy.