First ever female high school head football coach

I can remember female drill sergeants being around in the army. They were frightening!!!!!

They did their jobs and I would think that there is little to no reason that she could not succeed with this if she knows what she is doing.

I can see her doing ok.

They were meaner than a grizzly bear with a toothache !!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She will not succeed because females know nothing about football. No place for a woman. :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

You said it TD, not me!!!!!:thumb:

The Big Red Tomato made it through your parts Thurs night looking for a Hitch hiker, but you were nowhere to be found. We will rolling through there about 5:30 or 6:00 once again tonight on our way back home from Nashville. Sorry we missed you!!!

This article is not the same article that I found when starting this thread. The one that I read said nothing about her being chosen over more qualified male coaches. I would like to give you a link to prove it, but truthfully I don't know if I could find it again , and if I did find it again, I wouldn't know how to post it anyway. You will just have to take my word on it , I have no reason to lie.

Since the story broke, I've read three articles on it and none of them say that she was chosen over more qualified candidates, so I certainly have no reason to doubt you. I think some people just see what they want to see. Paranoia at it's finest.

Since the story broke, I've read three articles on it and none of them say that she was chosen over more qualified candidates, so I certainly have no reason to doubt you. I think some people just see what they want to see. Paranoia at it's finest.

Apparently, "more qualified" equals "male" to some.

Not even close in my opinion. I wouldn't have any problem playing for a Asian or Black coach as long as it was a man. As I think back on my Army days the top 5 sargents and officers I that I would trust my life to were Black or Asian. If you recall the women in an Army unit that was attacked by a ragtag group of Iraq's hid themselves while the men fired back. The lose of so many rifles due to cowardly behavior by the women caused the unit to be destroyed and all were captured or killed. The women were called heros by the press and PC crowd. If a man had hid an not returned fire he would be convicted of cowardess under fire and thrown in jail at least. In case you have not noticed, men and women are not the same. No man would trust his life in combat to a women. The truth is very ugly to those who refuse to see it.

Obviously, you have never served in combat with a woman. I have had several that I trusted and they were right there next to me when we were blown up and shot at. I never had any problems. Maybe you were just exposed to the portions that were not as good as others - and there are a great numbers of guys that fall into this category as well.

Obviously, you have never served in combat with a woman. I have had several that I trusted and they were right there next to me when we were blown up and shot at. I never had any problems. Maybe you were just exposed to the portions that were not as good as others - and there are a great numbers of guys that fall into this category as well.

Thank you for your service to our country.

It's great to hear the perspective of someone who has actually been there, and made the sacrifices for the rest of us! :thumb:

Look at all of the coaches that are ineffective right now - and they are male. Who is say that a female coach will be any beter or any worse than those guys already in positions. Some of these guys do not get fired even though they have losing records and are considered ineffective.

Without seeing her resume and comparing to the others considered for the job, no one on here can say whether she was more or less qualified than the others considered for the job. If the program was in shambles to start with, she likely will not turn it around in a couple of years, then again, male coaches would not be able to do this either as only a few coaches have been able to turn a program around in a couple of years. It will have nothing to do with her sex.

As far as the experience goes, some great coaches never participated in the sport that they coached and were very effective. In high school, I had a wrestling coach that never wrestled in high school or college and he coached one of the most successful programs in the state for 10, winning several state championships and placing in the top three just about every year. He also coached 5 or 6 high school All-Americans. Sometimes playing experience is not the same as coaching experience.