First ever female high school head football coach

Look at all of the coaches that are ineffective right now - and they are male. Who is say that a female coach will be any beter or any worse than those guys already in positions. Some of these guys do not get fired even though they have losing records and are considered ineffective.

Without seeing her resume and comparing to the others considered for the job, no one on here can say whether she was more or less qualified than the others considered for the job. If the program was in shambles to start with, she likely will not turn it around in a couple of years, then again, male coaches would not be able to do this either as only a few coaches have been able to turn a program around in a couple of years. It will have nothing to do with her sex.

As far as the experience goes, some great coaches never participated in the sport that they coached and were very effective. In high school, I had a wrestling coach that never wrestled in high school or college and he coached one of the most successful programs in the state for 10, winning several state championships and placing in the top three just about every year. He also coached 5 or 6 high school All-Americans. Sometimes playing experience is not the same as coaching experience.

I think BirdFan looked up the team's record from last year. I believe that it was 6-5.

Great points in your entire post. :thumb:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious, sense she was a Pro football player she must have played in college, anybody know where she played? If she played college ball she must have played high school ball. Anybody know the name of her high school? The CNN article said many other more qualified coaches were passed over in order to hire this woman. Their reasons sounded right out of the liberal playbook.

Since when do you have to play a sport to be able to coach it well?

In reading some of your thoughts and ideas, I don't care if you are an NFL Hall of Famer I wouldn't want my kid to play for you.

I am also a veteran and I can assure you that the physical standards in all branches have been lowered for women to pass. I have no problem with women coaching but like all other things in this Country I believe that the bar is being lowered to include everyone rather than being raised to promote the best to succeed. As for women knowing football I can say that my mother is one of the most knowledgable people I know, could she teach kids the proper technique to block and tackle, or would she want to, I don't think so, but if she did I would have to support her.

I am also a veteran and I can assure you that the physical standards in all branches have been lowered for women to pass. I have no problem with women coaching but like all other things in this Country I believe that the bar is being lowered to include everyone rather than being raised to promote the best to succeed. As for women knowing football I can say that my mother is one of the most knowledgable people I know, could she teach kids the proper technique to block and tackle, or would she want to, I don't think so, but if she did I would have to support her.

Thank you for your service. :thumb: