Rivalries

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High School games are more heated rivalries than College or even pro in some occasions IMO, the kids playing on the court and the fans in the stands know each other personally so they try just a little harder so that next time they see each other the winner can laugh in the losers face. The people they don't know from the other school they hate more than anything so it's not uncommon for fights to break out on and off the court. :fight: :banana: :fight:

The people they don't know from the other school they hate more than anything so it's not uncommon for fights to break out on and off the court. :fight: :banana: :fight:

Yes, there were a number of fights after the SK Scott game last year. :argue: :fight:

Lee County and Owsley County in my area.

Although they're both in the same basketball district (56th) and located just 10 miles from one another, they didn't schedule each other for about 25 years as a result of a fight between the Owsley County principal and a Beattyville businessman over a seat at a district tournament game in the old Lee County gym.

Since the two resumed play in 1977 it's been nothing but big crowds and very tense games. However, there hasn't been a single fight between the players, to my knowledge. Both are small, class A schools, but they have a great rivalry.

Holmes versus Holy Cross

Highlands versus CCH

I would go with these two being the top 2 and having had more big games in 9th region history than most other rivalries.

Also the other 35th district HC vs CCH and CCH vs Holmes has been big games over the last 15 years.

But the two you listed are the top two.