Rivalries

Pendleton and Bracken was always a close game irregardless of how good or how bad one of the times were. Also, Pendleton and Brossart have had some good battles in recent years.

Do you remeber Talbert "TNT" Turner from Pendleton County back in 80's he could light it on any given night.

Also Adam and Artie Enges from Bracken County. Those two were brusiers. :devil:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true. But I dont think we could really say it is a rivalry because we havn't beat them in so long. I think right now Bellevue is more of a big rival of Ludlow because in every sport football, basketball, and baseball you have huge crowds come out to the games, and you can tell the players also play a little hader, because both teams absolutely hate losing to each other.

Hey FC remember this is a basketball thread and quite honestly we have beaten them quite few more times in basketball in recent history then they have beaten us. :cool:

• 2 months later...

When I was in school (Magoffin County - mid 90's), Paintsville and Magoffin were the biggest rivalry around. There was fight after fight before, during, and after the games. We, uh I mean someone, drove through Paintsville raising hell and trying to start a fight at the county line. There were fights in the crowd, on the basketball court, on the football field - it was chaos. I was cussed all to pieces one time by some Paintsville students while trying to have dinner with my girlfriend's family. I think anyone that played during this time on either team will admit that these were the roughest games they ever played in. In basketball, it was Bill Mike Runyan vs. Danny Adams - I could tell a million stories about this rivalry.

I'd agree with CCH vs. Highlands, but I'd say NCC--Brossart is probably a bigger rivalry. Both schools from the same county, similar size, strong rivalries in other sports, etc.

While CCH and HHS are not in the same county.. they still have somewhat similar size and rivalries in other sports.. see this year's soccer and football. Not to take away from BBHS/NCC - this is still one of the top rivalries in NKY. It just depends on which area you are from. Those from Park Hills would naturally take CCH HHS.