Everything posted by catsin05
-
Rememberances from High School days past!!
Being a PC grad, I would have to say that all of those great battles we had with Bracken back in the 80's. It didnt matter which team might have had more talent, it was always close, especially back in 84 when we were region runners-up and only beat them by 2. While the old gym in Brooksville was not my favorite gym, it was hard to beat that place in a district final. It was always packed and hotter than you could ever imagine.
-
Who is your school's best Coach of all time?
Very good point. As I have said before, Wells did a great job in a short period of time but Feldhaus did it over several seasons, sometimes getting alot out of not much talent.
-
Ever been a KY High School team that could have beaten present Huntington, WV High?
How about Henry Clay from 83-84 that featured Steve Miller, Jeff Blanton, and Greg Bates? I know they manhandled DeMatha when they had Danny Ferry.
-
High School Gyms across the State
No I have not to all that many regional tournaments but I have been to several gyms. I guess you could say that I am a little bias but its just one mans opinion.
-
High School Gyms across the State
Hands down it would have to be the Fieldhouse. The atmosphere there at regional time is second to none.
-
Your School's All-Time Starting 5
What about Brent "Boogie" Flaugher?
-
Who is your school's best Coach of all time?
It would be an understatement to say that Wells didnt do a great job while at MC but I feel that a great coach is someone who did the job over a long period of time and you are exactly correct in saying that some of the best coaches this state has ever had never won a state title or even coached in Rupp.
-
Who is your school's best Coach of all time?
Philip Wood had several really good teams at PC while Turner only had really two good teams and those came back to back in 84 and 85.
-
Your School's All-Time Starting 5
I actually considered Coach McCane, but when I went back to the Orange Book for stats I didnt see his name mentioned... What about adding Keith Randolph and having Gary Russo coach?
-
10th region BEST all around PLAYER EVER
With all due respect to the Seiters, I think you will get quite a few arguments from the Feldhaus', Myricks, Jacksons, Kelschs, Turners, and Gays.
-
Top 5 shooter to ever come out of Kentucky in your opinion?
Talbert Turner at Pendleton County. He also played without the 3-point line and scored over 3,000 points.
-
Who is the Best Past Player From The 10th Region?
Mary Custard from Harrison County.
-
Who is the Best Past Player From The 10th Region?
Beth Wilkerson at Paris.
-
10TH Region
I would love to know how a thread which starts out as someone asking about how the 10th region will be this year, turn into another bashing of PC, the "recruiting process of Pat Elliott", and how conveniently a teaching position became available at this time? I have nothing but respect for Brossart and I think they have a great program but the bottom line is the fact that in recent history each program has one regional title apiece and that is what people tend to talk about, not who won the lower Campbell County 5th grade Catholic League title seven years ago. Lets move on.
-
Predictions on 10th Region
How can you have Augusta rated ahead of Pendleton? Like I have said before, PC will be down but there is no way that they will finish lower than Augusta.
-
Predictions on 10th Region
Granted, PC will be way down from previous years but I think that overrated is way too harsh of a word to use.
-
Cats' Pause Rankings
No PC did not have any transfers come in. But like I said earlier they will not be as bad as some people may think. In the 10th this year, after you get past the top 3 or 4, you can throw the rest of the teams in a hat. IMO, Middleton is better than those three and should probably be rated higher.
-
Cats' Pause Rankings
I do not know how you cant have Middleton in your top 10. He played very well for the top team in the 10th last year. As for Pendleton, while they wont be as good as last year, they will still be very competitive.
-
Deming 2006-2007
I wonder why Pendleton doesnt play them again this year.
-
Interesting recent list of top KY players according to Bolus
I couldnt agree more that this is a joke. Having had the opportunity to see both Belcher and Cooper play several times, how can you have them listed somewhere? I dont care if they are the last players listed.
-
38th District 2006-2007
Mason beat Clark in the finals.
-
Class of 2007
- Your favorite Sweet 16 moment
I am not sure of the year but PRP played Hazard. After some of the worst officiating I have ever seen go against Hazard, nearly everyone in Rupp began rooting for Hazard. Although Hazard lost, it was a great game.- OJ Mayo to Huntington High
How can you possibly compare these two situations? It is not even close.- Pendleton Co. Jon Elrod signs LOI
Congrats to an outstanding young man and nothing but the very best!:dancingpa - Your favorite Sweet 16 moment