Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 5 shooter to ever come out of Kentucky in your opinion?

Featured Replies

1."King" Kelly Coleman-Wayland(Obvious Choice for me)

2.Chris Loften-Mason Co.

3.Allan Houston-Ballard

4.Richie Farmer-Clay County

5.Rex Chapman-Apallo or Patrick Sparks-Mulenberg North

 

Should be interesting to see what everyone else thinks.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Lofton is the best. His range was unmatched. His shot against Lex Cath at Lex Cath in the Fifth-third is the best shot I have ever seen in my life at any level.

One player you are forgetting about is Rick Jones from Scott County. He may have made more clutch three's in a state tournament than anyone.

 

Top 5

1. Chris Lofton- Mason Co.

2. Richie Farmer- Clay Co.

3. Allan Houston- Ballard

4. Rick Jones- Scott Co.

5. Chris Harrison- Tollesboro

  • Author
Chris Lofton is the best. His range was unmatched. His shot against Lex Cath at Lex Cath in the Fifth-third is the best shot I have ever seen in my life at any level.

One player you are forgetting about is Rick Jones from Scott County. He may have made more clutch three's in a state tournament than anyone.

 

Top 5

1. Chris Lofton- Mason Co.

2. Richie Farmer- Clay Co.

3. Allan Houston- Ballard

4. Rick Jones- Scott Co.

5. Chris Harrison- Tollesboro

You are right, I forgot about Rick Jones, what about that three he made in the state tournament that won the game for them, that was an amazing shot as well. Wasn't Anthony Epps considered a great shooter coming out of Marion County also?

Scott Draud Averaged over 36 points a game his senior year at Highlands. This was before the three point line and just about all of his shots were bombs from downtown. Best shooter by far that I have ever seen.....

Tim Stephens - McCreary County.

Top five is tough. Ronny Dawn should be mentioned because whenever or where ever he shot from there was a good chance it was going in.

To be fair, we almost have to say top 10 instead of top 5.

  • Author
Scott Draud Averaged over 36 points a game his senior year at Highlands. This was before the three point line and just about all of his shots were bombs from downtown. Best shooter by far that I have ever seen.....
Thats impressive without a doubt, sounds alot like "King" Kelly Coleman, even though Coleman Played way before my time, I've heard stories and seen video clips of him. He averaged 47-48ppg or something like that and alot of times he'd pull up right after crossing the half court line, It was unbelievable. If he had a 3-point line he more than likley have averaged close to 70ppg and thats not exagerating at all. Aldoph Rupp onece said that he was the best HS player he had ever seen. I also heard that he rarley playd a game sober:jump: making it that much more amazing.
  • Author
To be fair, we almost have to say top 10 instead of top 5.
That sounds good to me, I was thinking the same thing after reading about some of these other players I left out.

 

1."King" Kelly Coleman-Wayland(Obvious Choice for me)

2.Chris Loften-Mason Co.

3.Allan Houston-Ballard

4.Richie Farmer-Clay County

5.Rex Chapman-Apollo

Here's 6-10

6.Patrick Sparks-Mulenberg North

7.Rick Jones-Scott County

8.Ronny Dawn-NCC

9.Jermey Hall-Allen Central

10.Scott Draud-Highlands..Don't Know alot about him but anyone who averaged 36ppg w/out a 3-point line has to be included.

I would have to say Rick Jones I played against him and if you did not pick him up at the vollyball lines he would just drill a three on you everytime.

Chris Harrison- Tollesboro....went on to a stellar carreer at UK. : )-

Scott Draud Averaged over 36 points a game his senior year at Highlands. This was before the three point line and just about all of his shots were bombs from downtown. Best shooter by far that I have ever seen.....

 

 

Also, had a pretty good career at Vandy.

But to the subject..

 

I would also agree that Lofton is one of the better shooters from the state.

Ervin Stepp is probably one of the best shooters ever in Kentucky.

Scott Draud Averaged over 36 points a game his senior year at Highlands. This was before the three point line and just about all of his shots were bombs from downtown. Best shooter by far that I have ever seen.....

:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.