Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class of 2007

Featured Replies

Is there anybody in this class i.e. Pettigrew, Brooks, Proffit and others that you feel could make any impact at a major D-1 school? It's really hard for me to say yes.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Austin Hill of Holmes will go D-1, I'm not sure what you classify as "major" D-1.

 

Some possibilities with their question marks

Euguene Wade- Shelby County- offense

Jeremy Anderson- Warren Central- ballhandling, perimeter quickness

Thomas Coleman- Jeffersontown- intensity, work ethic

Preston Knowles- GRC- off-court issues

Matt Walls- Scott County- speed? (IMO he's top 5 in the state, but colleges may overlook him)

Josh Bartley - McCreary Central - Ball handling, 92%+ ft, perimeter shot.

I don't know if he'd make a huge impact. He's more like a J.J. Reddick, has a great three-point stroke, doesn't miss from the free-throw line, and has good ball handling skills. 6' 155lbs.

  • Author
I think Austin Hill of Holmes will go D-1, I'm not sure what you classify as "major" D-1.

 

Some possibilities with their question marks

Euguene Wade- Shelby County- offense

Jeremy Anderson- Warren Central- ballhandling, perimeter quickness

Thomas Coleman- Jeffersontown- intensity, work ethic

Preston Knowles- GRC- off-court issues

Matt Walls- Scott County- speed? (IMO he's top 5 in the state, but colleges may overlook him)

 

Well let me ask you in this way. Could any of them make an impact at a Kentucky, Louisville, UC or Xavier? I know a few of them are getting looked at and possibly offers from schools of that magnitude but could any of them have a decent career there?

Well let me ask you in this way. Could any of them make an impact at a Kentucky, Louisville, UC or Xavier? I know a few of them are getting looked at and possibly offers from schools of that magnitude but could any of them have a decent career there?

Coleman and Knowles probably have the best shot, with Walls possibly also.

  • Author
Coleman and Knowles probably have the best shot, with Walls possibly also.

 

Why do you think that Coleman has a better chance than Brooks? And you might be the only person I've heard give that much praise to Preston. I've never got a chance to see him play, is he really that good?

Why do you think that Coleman has a better chance than Brooks? And you might be the only person I've heard give that much praise to Preston. I've never got a chance to see him play, is he really that good?

 

Maybe I am forgetting someone obvious, but who is Brooks. And I have only seen Preston a few times, I came away impressed, but you should check with goldsunrise for his info.

 

As for Thomas I have known him for a few years, I think he has a boatload of potential. He has an uncanny ability to block shots, runs the floor great for a big guy, and has nice touch from the free throw line and mid-range.

  • Author
Maybe I am forgetting someone obvious, but who is Brooks. And I have only seen Preston a few times, I came away impressed, but you should check with goldsunrise for his info.

 

As for Thomas I have known him for a few years, I think he has a boatload of potential. He has an uncanny ability to block shots, runs the floor great for a big guy, and has nice touch from the free throw line and mid-range.

 

Jeff Brooks from Doss. He's a 6ft 8in bigman with tremedous upside. After summer ball was complete he started getting some major interest. He's more athletic than Coleman but doesnt have the alround offensive game that Thomas has. Not everybody knows him that well because Doss hasnt made it to Rupp but people are starting to catch on.

I think Austin Hill of Holmes will go D-1, I'm not sure what you classify as "major" D-1.

 

Some possibilities with their question marks

Euguene Wade- Shelby County- offense

Jeremy Anderson- Warren Central- ballhandling, perimeter quickness

Thomas Coleman- Jeffersontown- intensity, work ethic

Preston Knowles- GRC- off-court issues

Matt Walls- Scott County- speed? (IMO he's top 5 in the state, but colleges may overlook him)[/QUOte

 

What off court issues does Knowles have?

A few who hasn't been Mentioned:

Russell Mackins-Trigg County 6'8 F

Jon VanHoose-Russell 6'3 G

Keith Price-Casey County 6'8 C(small D-I)

James Sykes-North Hardin 6'6 F

From what ive heard, Vanhoose may get the best scholly of anyone in the state.

Jeff Brooks from Doss. He's a 6ft 8in bigman with tremedous upside. After summer ball was complete he started getting some major interest. He's more athletic than Coleman but doesnt have the alround offensive game that Thomas has. Not everybody knows him that well because Doss hasnt made it to Rupp but people are starting to catch on.

 

Oh, my mistake. He does have a lot of upside, but he seems like he doesn't want to go inside, he'd rather hang around the perimeter. He needs a better jumper to make it on the wing at the college level.

I think Austin Hill of Holmes will go D-1, I'm not sure what you classify as "major" D-1.

 

Some possibilities with their question marks

Euguene Wade- Shelby County- offense

Jeremy Anderson- Warren Central- ballhandling, perimeter quickness

Thomas Coleman- Jeffersontown- intensity, work ethic

Preston Knowles- GRC- off-court issues

Matt Walls- Scott County- speed? (IMO he's top 5 in the state, but colleges may overlook him)[/QUOte

 

What off court issues does Knowles have?

 

Umm, most all of them, from what I know. I don't want to mislead you, so I'd prefer if a GRC fan filled us in.

I know Knowles was kicked off his aau team this summer(KY hoopstars) because he was complaining with an ankle injury and refused to play and then when the coached challenged him to play through a little adversity he cussed him. Thats the kinda of stuff that comes with Knowles. I dont know this kid at all, it might not be like this at his high school, but I think this is the kinda stuff cch is talking about.

A few who hasn't been Mentioned:

Russell Mackins-Trigg County 6'8 F

Jon VanHoose-Russell 6'3 G

Keith Price-Casey County 6'8 C(small D-I)

James Sykes-North Hardin 6'6 F

 

Is Mackins back? :confused: I thought he left the team last year to go back to Cairo, Ill. Matt Fraliex 6' 3" from Caldwell County may be the POY in the second region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.