Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class of 2007

Featured Replies

Is Mackins back? :confused: I thought he left the team last year to go back to Cairo, Ill. Matt Fraliex 6' 3" from Caldwell County may be the POY in the second region.

You may be right, I just remember last season there was alot of talk about how good he could be...but anywy thanks for letting me know that, I hadn't heard.:thumb:

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the class of 2008 in the state of Kentucky:

Darius Miller Mason County

Scotty Hopson UHA

Bud Mackey Scott County

 

These three players have all been offered by UK already.

Well let me ask you in this way. Could any of them make an impact at a Kentucky, Louisville, UC or Xavier? I know a few of them are getting looked at and possibly offers from schools of that magnitude but could any of them have a decent career there?

 

Austin Hill of Holmes has already received offers from UC and Xavier. If you haven't seen this kid lately, your going to be surprised when you see him. He has grown probably 2 inches and is alot bulkier now. Definetly has the D-1 Body and his game is probably the best all around in NKY. Proabably has the most upside simply because he's around 6'4 and can play as a guard or bang with the big boys down low.

Austin Hill of Holmes has already received offers from UC and Xavier. If you haven't seen this kid lately, your going to be surprised when you see him. He has grown probably 2 inches and is alot bulkier now. Definetly has the D-1 Body and his game is probably the best all around in NKY. Proabably has the most upside simply because he's around 6'4 and can play as a guard or bang with the big boys down low.

 

Probably?!?!?! FBALL are you softening up on us? For years you told has how great he was, and now that most of us all agree, you are backing down a bit? Austin is for real, is definently the best player and prospect in NKY, and will probably make an impact at one of those schools :p :p

  • Author
Austin Hill of Holmes has already received offers from UC and Xavier. If you haven't seen this kid lately, your going to be surprised when you see him. He has grown probably 2 inches and is alot bulkier now. Definetly has the D-1 Body and his game is probably the best all around in NKY. Proabably has the most upside simply because he's around 6'4 and can play as a guard or bang with the big boys down low.

 

First off unless Austin grew 3 inches since the last time I saw him a couple of months ago then he is still 6ft 1in. I love Hill's game and I agree he is without a doubt the best player in nky right now but as for making an impact at a UC or Xavier, im really not convinced of that. His decision making is his biggest downfall and since he is a guard and would be expected to take care of the ball then that might be a problem. He would without a doubt have to play the 2 guard position ( Austin has never played point ) and that could keep him off the floor as well at such a big program.

First off unless Austin grew 3 inches since the last time I saw him a couple of months ago then he is still 6ft 1in. I love Hill's game and I agree he is without a doubt the best player in nky right now but as for making an impact at a UC or Xavier, im really not convinced of that. His decision making is his biggest downfall and since he is a guard and would be expected to take care of the ball then that might be a problem. He would without a doubt have to play the 2 guard position ( Austin has never played point ) and that could keep him off the floor as well at such a big program.

 

A couple of months ago he was between 6"2 and 6"3 and still growing (his father or grandfather is very tall, unless I am misinformed).

 

Austin has the two most important things for college basketball- size and (probably even more importantly) work ethic. If his problem is decision making, then that can be taught or at least aided.

Austin Hill of Holmes has already received offers from UC and Xavier. .

 

I'm on record as saying the best D1 b-ball prospect in NKY is Austin Hill. I'm a big fan.

 

With that said, I do not think you are accurate on your "offers" quote.

  • Author
A couple of months ago he was between 6"2 and 6"3 and still growing (his father or grandfather is very tall, unless I am misinformed).

 

Austin has the two most important things for college basketball- size and (probably even more importantly) work ethic. If his problem is decision making, then that can be taught or at least aided.

 

Wow I must have gotten taller as well. He seemed to be the same height as I am 6'1 when I was standing right next to him at the nationals. He's not 6'4. I would maybe give him 6'2. I hope you guys are right though. I wish nothing but the best for Austin. I just think he would be better suited at a W.Ky or a Miami University maybe.

A couple of months ago he was between 6"2 and 6"3 and still growing (his father or grandfather is very tall, unless I am misinformed).

 

Austin has the two most important things for college basketball- size and (probably even more importantly) work ethic. If his problem is decision making, then that can be taught or at least aided.

 

I recently saw Hill around 2 weeks ago and he is not 6'4", probably more closer to 6'1". He is a very good player and arguably the best in NKY.

What about Jordan Hammons and Trey Smith of South, with Jordans work ethic and and determination along with his ability to score he would make and D1 school a good player, you must also take Trey into consideration he has one thing that all d1 colleges want he is a winner along with being 6'8" and can shot when he gets of the bus.

As for the class of 2008 in the state of Kentucky:

Darius Miller Mason County

Scotty Hopson UHA

Bud Mackey Scott County

 

These three players have all been offered by UK already.

Add Landon Slone from Paintsville to the list, he's one of the best in the state for the 2008 class.

What about Jordan Hammons and Trey Smith of South, with Jordans work ethic and and determination along with his ability to score he would make and D1 school a good player, you must also take Trey into consideration he has one thing that all d1 colleges want he is a winner along with being 6'8" and can shot when he gets of the bus.

I don't believe Hammons will get a D-1 offer, for sure not a major offer, and Smith will be playing baseball. Proffitt would be your best shot from South Laurel

As for the class of 2008 in the state of Kentucky:

Darius Miller Mason County

Scotty Hopson UHA

Bud Mackey Scott County

 

These three players have all been offered by UK already.

offers as a junior are very deceiving. The only one of these three that have a chance at playing at UK is Miller. The other two either won't qualify or will take other offers.

But this thread is on 2007 anyhow

Preston Knowles of GRC Is a D1 prospect.

He's unbelievable

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.