Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your favorite Sweet 16 moment

Featured Replies

  • Replies 93
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was when Lofton led Mason Co. to the State Title.

Chris Lofton leading Mason County to the state title was a great moment. I rank that second on my all-time Sweet 16 list.

 

Number One was when Ritchie Farmer scored 50+ against former NBA great Alan Houston. This game was played around the time the move HOOSIERS hit the box office and Ritchie's performance sent chills up and down my spine!

Boy there was a night a few years back when a few of us guys went over to DejaVu and it was amatuer night oh sorry, you probably meant favorite basketball moment.. I'll have to get back to you.

'82 Paul Andrews' shot heard around the Bluegrass, that was unreal. Barbour's outburst in the finals was very nice, Lofton's 39 and Richie's 52 were very good also.

Watching DeWalt of Warren Central in the Finals 3 years ago and that huge monster dunk was unbelieveable.

Boy there was a night a few years back when a few of us guys went over to DejaVu and it was amatuer nightoh sorry, you probably meant favorite basketball moment.. I'll have to get back to you.
Heck, I wouldn't mind hearing about it ... :lol:
Heck, I wouldn't mind hearing about it ... :lol:

 

:D It would get me thrown off here for sure and I believe I'm already on double top secret probation. Anyway I'm not sure how much I remember at this point. Long Long night..:ylsuper: :jump:

Watching DeWalt of Warren Central in the Finals 3 years ago and that huge monster dunk was unbelieveable.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

1.Richie Farmer, Russ Caldwell, Russ Farmer, Boxcar, and the rest of the Clay County players, leading Clay to the state championship in 1987....and they almost repeated the next year when Farmer was off the charts in the '88 championship game.

Clay County is my neighbor county, so I felt like I was a little bit of their 'mountain family' that year.

 

2. Paul Andrew's miracle shot to win the '82 championship for Laurel County.

Watching DeWalt of Warren Central in the Finals 3 years ago and that huge monster dunk was unbelieveable.

 

There's still part of my jaw on the Rupp floor from that one. :thumb:

'82 Paul Andrews' shot heard around the Bluegrass, that was unreal. Barbour's outburst in the finals was very nice, Lofton's 39 and Richie's 52 were very good also.

I would have thought your favorite moment would have invoved the 81 season:thumb:

Some already mentioned that I enjoyed were Richie's 52 points, great night hard to believe they lost that game, Farmer and Allan Houston battled.

 

Rick Jones shot to beat Lex. Catholic and then he ran to Catholic's end and gave them the cut-throat gesture, CLASSIC.

 

Reggie Hanson and Pulaski County's run was a nice run.

 

The buzzer-beater shot to beat Daviess County a few years ago was a memorable moment.

 

Of course Chris Lofton put on a performance for the ages the year Mason County won it all, he was fascinating.

Richie Farmers 52 point game for Clay County.

I would have thought your favorite moment would have invoved the 81 season:thumb:

 

A bit young, I did have 1st row seats and remember mostly the "Holidome" and the parade, wish I had been a few years older but it's still a special accomplishment.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.