High School Gyms across the State

I have seen several threads on who people think the best players of all time are from their school, but what gym would you play them in? Whether or not they played for that school - Which high school gym is the best for your all star team? And for what reason do you consider it the best? (Is it the atmosphere, size, fan support, feeling when you are there, etc??)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to over 100 high school gyms across the state and Marshall County, Mason County, Hopkinsville, and Perry Central are among the best I've seen. I would pick Marshall County as the best based on facilities, line of sight, scoreboard, sound, and ambiance.

Of the gyms that I have been to some of my faves are...

Mason (I hated playing there, but love to watch a game there)

Knott Central

Prestonsburg

Scott County

Harrison County

Frankfort

Montgomery County (The Barn, I haven't been to the new one yet)

Lexington Catholic

Around NKY some of the better gyms to play at are:

Holmes (one of the largest in the state, and when packed, man does it get loud)

Ryle (very big gym with upper and lower seating-newer place, great venue for a hs game.)

Covcath (Cracker box of a gym but a lot of history and the Colonel Crazies always have the place rockin')

St Henry has a newer gym but it's size isn't very impressive.

Other places I've played that I came away impressed:

Mason County

RUPP ARENA :D

I've been to over 100 high school gyms across the state and Marshall County, Mason County, Hopkinsville, and Perry Central are among the best I've seen. I would pick Marshall County as the best based on facilities, line of sight, scoreboard, sound, and ambiance.

I agree with you on Marshall Co, great facility. Montgomery Co's new gym is one of the best in this area. I just don't like the Field House..if you are in upper level..hard to see score boards, also some of the game action is blocked, because fo the basketball rims. If you have never experienced a game at Greenup Co..try to take in a game there...they don't call it the "Green House" for nothing.:lol: