High School Gyms across the State

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Allen Central has one of the better gyms in the state and I also like Perry Centrals, and Knott Centrals...Im not a big fan of memorial gym at Hazard, but thats just me.

I like Memorial. It could be a great gym if they would clean it up the way Prestonsburg has done theirs. PBurg was always my favorite place to play.

I remember playing at Allen Central when they had a tartan playing surface. When was it that they went to hardwood?

Holmes (one of the largest in the state, and when packed, man does it get loud)

I may be wrong, but it seemed to me like Holmes was the steepest gym I was ever in. It seemed like the seats went straight up! Very nice place, surrounded by a nice, old school building.

I have been to most the gyms mentioned and many, many more. Without a doubt Pulaski County is one of the top 5. I will say since they put the stupid press plywood boxes in it isn't as nice remove them and you have top 5.

:fight:

I have been to most the gyms mentioned and many, many more. Without a doubt Pulaski County is one of the top 5. I will say since they put the stupid press plywood boxes in it isn't as nice remove them and you have top 5.

Pulaski Countys gym is nice, good bleachers and everything but I dont feel like I am a part of the game when I am there.

I know most dislike Somersets gym but I dont think it gets any better than the Briar Patch for a big game! You are always right on top of the action and its always electric in there for a big game. You just gotta be able to look past the heat.

I haven't been to Somerset since they remodeled their gym, but I always loved the old place. It reminded me so much of the old Lancaster High School gym here in Garrard County. Too bad Garrard and Somerset don't play this year and we've been away from the All "A" for several years; I'm not sure when I'll get down there to a game.

I know most dislike Somersets gym but I dont think it gets any better than the Briar Patch for a big game! You are always right on top of the action and its always electric in there for a big game. You just gotta be able to look past the heat.

I must say I do like the feel BUT the only problem is that in 1/4 of the seating you can't see the entire floor or if you get stuck behind the radio guys your really up a creek!!

For me, no atomospere better than an Augusta / Bracken matchup at the Panther Den in Augusta. Right behind the bench, surrounded by a bunch of BGP'ers.

The Panthers den has a Hoosier Atmosphere as well as the Matchup between Augusta/Bracken.