High School Gyms across the State

Among gyms in the western part of the state. Breckenridge's new gym is superb. It has all of the bells and whistles. Also Apollo's gym is excellent. Most gym's in the third region are legit. You also can't forget the Sportscenter in Owensboro, where all of the great games in third region history have been held.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in another post, I liked the gym at Scott County. Nothing wrong with setting thinks up for some home-court advantage. I just wish that with all the money spent on the facility, someone could have sprung for a decent microphone.

I agree - Toyota didn't sponsor the PA system!

You're joking right? After being there last week, I really enjoyed looking through that lovely red rail!! AND putting all the visiting teams fans upstairs is just plain RUDE!!!!

The only reserved seating at SCHS is the lower level opposite of the benches. Behind the benches is 1st come as is the endzone (but that is where the students sit - so it's enter at your own risk). I guess there is also reserved seating for the band in the upper arena area.

I know most dislike Somersets gym but I dont think it gets any better than the Briar Patch for a big game! You are always right on top of the action and its always electric in there for a big game. You just gotta be able to look past the heat.

Somerset is not a particular best place to watch a game. This mostly due to the heat and not enough space. I really like Pulaski county's gym. It is a great gym you have a lot of space. Also when the Jumpers and Maroons play it almost makes you go deaf. You also get a feel there that you are apart of the game. You are right on top of the visiting and home bleachers it is a great place. Also all there history makes it even better.

One thing really didnt make since to me at Scott County though. Why put the band in the Visitors seeting?

There is no specific spot for "visitor seating". The only reserved spots are for season ticket holders in the chair back seats across from the benches. The rest is first come first served... Maybe the folks from Mason Co. wanted to be close to that huge band. There sure was a lot of blue up there.

My compliments to the Mason Co. student section (other than I didn't like a couple of their chants) there were a couple of Scott Co. students who thought it would be cool to stand right in front of the Mason Co. students. The police made them move eventually, but the Mason Co. student section handled that particular situation with class - it could have easily turned into an ugly fight.

There is no specific spot for "visitor seating". The only reserved spots are for season ticket holders in the chair back seats across from the benches. The rest is first come first served... Maybe the folks from Mason Co. wanted to be close to that huge band. There sure was a lot of blue up there.

My compliments to the Mason Co. student section (other than I didn't like a couple of their chants) there were a couple of Scott Co. students who thought it would be cool to stand right in front of the Mason Co. students. The police made them move eventually, but the Mason Co. student section handled that particular situation with class - it could have easily turned into an ugly fight.

Thanks alot Hoops Yoda we try and keep the bad chants out but sometimes they are started by a specific individual just trying to get something started. And as for the fans standing in front of us they werent nearly as bad as that big red rail, to tell you the truth if we didnt stand up we couldnt see the game.