Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th region BEST all around PLAYER EVER

Featured Replies

I will cast my vote for ronnie lyons

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a 10th region guy but I say Chris Loften has a good argument, although he was mostly known for his shooting. Reinhardt(Sp?) from Cambell Co. was tough too..as well as Ronnie Lyons...I can't go back a long ways because like I said I'm not a 10th region Guy.:thumb:

1a. Ronnie Lyons

1b. Chris Lofton

Justin Seiter was a complete player for Brossart. He could shot the 3, drive to the basket, get rebounds, and post you up. He did a really good job of adjusting his game to what his team needed him to do.

 

Chris Lofton has to be at the top though. I too am somewhat new to the 10th Region and unfortunately can't go that far back.

1a. Ronnie Lyons

1b. Chris Lofton

Good call.:thumb:

  • Author

Another I forgot, Might be a sharp a shooter that I have seen was "DAVID COONEY" played at maysville or mason co I really dont remember, Think Mason Co

as good as Seiter, Rhino and Cooney were... they are not Ronnie Lyons or Chris Lofton. There are a lot of greats from back in the day were forgetting i'm sure.

Didn't Clark County have a stud back in the '60s or '70s? UK recruited him, but he went elsewhere. I can't think of his name.

:thumb: Ronnie Lyons!!!:thumb:

:thumb: Ronnie Lyons!!!:thumb:
Well!! Please finish the rest of the story. What happened to Mr Lyons and where is he now??

Im very interested , as I have never hreard of him....Thanks for any info!!

Well!! Please finish the rest of the story. What happened to Mr Lyons and where is he now??

Im very interested , as I have never hreard of him....Thanks for any info!!

 

No telling how many points Lyons would have scored in high school had there been a 3-point line in the late 60's. Went on to play at UK but never really starred there. No doubt that Lofton has made more of his opportunity.

I didn't think Lofton played "D" in high school. Isn't that why UK didn't recruit him????

No telling how many points Lyons would have scored in high school had there been a 3-point line in the late 60's. Went on to play at UK but never really starred there. No doubt that Lofton has made more of his opportunity.

Ronnie Lyons has my vote. I agree with mcpapa on the 3 point line. He would have the record in Ky if they had the 3 point shot then. I used to work with ronnie at Lexmark. He is a very nice person. His problem at UK is Joe Hall just did not care for him...

I have ofton wondered what justifies a player as the best ever within the region. I think the title says best all around player, not the best shooter of all time. Does shooting from wherever on the court, however many times a person wants, and scoring x amount of points make one the best ALL Around player? This would be a hard call as there are so many deserving. What do others on here think of qualities that make up a ALL AROUND player? To me that player is the go to person, the defense specialist, the guy that can play and perform on both sides of the basketball.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.