Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th region BEST all around PLAYER EVER

Featured Replies

Dude, it's Jamie Waltz.

And I'd like to pull out some names that lead their teams to multiple Sweet Sixteen appearances.

Brian Witajewski from Harrison County, good defender, sweet stroke and a very heady player.

Josh Graham from Fleming County, great ballhandler for his size and unstoppable down low with many post moves.

And I cannot leave out these players who may have had the best head to head matchup of all time in a regional:

Shawn Myrick of Mason County, simply a great scorer.

Billy Ray Fawns, some like to call him "Big Shot Billy", if you're a Royal fan he broke your "achy breaky heart."

 

 

DUDE ITS JAMIE WALZ

Plus she isnt 10th Region!

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come no one mentioned Feldhaus? I thought he went to Mason?

Not sure if Joe B. liked Ronnie or not, even if he didn't, shouldn't have had much impact on whether Coach Rupp played him or not. Rupp was Ronnie's coach at UK...not Hall.

 

Ronnie played under both Rupp and Hall .At that time UK's Freshman played on the Freshman team coached by Hall. He played under Rupp his Sophomore year. His Junior year was when Hall took Rupps place as head coach 1972-73.

  • Author
DUDE ITS JAMIE WALZ

Plus she isnt 10th Region!

glad u were on your toes

Lofton would have to be on top in this debate! Based on what he accomplished, his team accomplished, and post-high school individual achievement as well!!!

How come no one mentioned Feldhaus? I thought he went to Mason?
:thumb:

 

I was hoping to get to the end without his mention so that I could bring him in. How could anyone forget one of the UK "Unforgetables", Deron Feldhaus?

How about Alvin Sims from Paris, he went on to star at Louisville and is now playing professionaly over seas......

I simply will say Chris Lofton, quiet simply look at what he's doing a Tennessee now and what he accomplished at Mason County. Deron Feldhaus was a good player but nowhere near the talent of Lofton. I predict Lofton will proably be a NBA player after his Senior year at Tennesse.:thumb:

I simply will say Chris Lofton, quiet simply look at what he's doing a Tennessee now and what he accomplished at Mason County. Deron Feldhaus was a good player but nowhere near the talent of Lofton. I predict Lofton will proably be a NBA player after his Senior year at Tennesse.:thumb:

Loften is by far the best scorer but the thread is all round player.That is all he does is score and he is good at it.Feldhaus was a better defender and rebounder and could score as well.:D

Loften is by far the best scorer but the thread is all round player.That is all he does is score and he is good at it.Feldhaus was a better defender and rebounder and could score as well.:D

But what is Feldhaus doing now? I believe Lofton will go further then Feldhaus or Lyons did.:thumb:

Deron played overseas for several years before returning to Maysville.

You may be talking about Larry Gay...went to Florida State then was Assistant at U of L for awhile.

Linville Puckett played at Clark Co in the late 50's and early 60's and went on to play at UK.

Thanks:thumb:

Yes , lets nor forget Nathan Seiter, he was the man and for my money one , if not the best in the 10th. Justin wasnt all that shabby either...LOL!! I DO know who would win the best brother tandem in the 10th. No brainer:D :D

 

With all due respect to the Seiters, I think you will get quite a few arguments from the Feldhaus', Myricks, Jacksons, Kelschs, Turners, and Gays.

I simply will say Chris Lofton, quiet simply look at what he's doing a Tennessee now and what he accomplished at Mason County. Deron Feldhaus was a good player but nowhere near the talent of Lofton. I predict Lofton will proably be a NBA player after his Senior year at Tennesse.:thumb:

 

Im not so sure of that. There have been a lot of great shooters in the ncaa that didnt make it to the nba. If he was 6'5 or bigger with that stroke then he would have a much better chance. Chris has to work a lot on his all around game before he becomes an nba caliber player.

But what is Feldhaus doing now? I believe Lofton will go further then Feldhaus or Lyons did.:thumb:

It's not what about what "is done now", it's about the tenth region and during a particular player's career when they played in the 10TH Region. Not about what they are doing "now".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.