Prayers with the Bishop Brossart Basketball Community

Please extend your prayers to the Brossart Basketball and Orth families on the sudden passing of Mitch Orth!! Mitch was a early 2000's (2003 I think) graduate of BB and a member of the basketball and baseball teams, and a constant at all Mustang functions. He was a coach in the middle school feeder program and had just celebrated his 25th birthday. Unbelievably sad news!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terrible news. What a fine young man. I really cannot believe this. The kids at St. Mary are going to be devistated. Mitch was such a role model to the boys coming up at St. Mary and St. Joe. All of the kids loved Mitch.

I'm heartbroken right now. Mitch was an amazing person. Kind hearted, never seemed to have any enemies, everybody was a friend of Mitch's. I know on the basketball floor he had the heart of a warrior, nobody out worked Mitch. This is a sad, sad day. God works in funny ways. I wish Mitch's family the best.

I've always thought you could tell a lot about a person the way they play and you could certainly see that with Mitch. He took the charges, dove all over the floor, sacrificed his body and did all those little things. His passion for the game was the same way he lived his life. Mitch gave 100% all the time, every time. He coached the same way he played and was an excellent role model for the kids at St. Mary's, especially this year when they went through some tough moments. There isn't one time in talking to Mitch that he didn't have a smile on his face, and his personality rubbed off on everyone he talked to. My prayers are with his family and the entire Brossart community. He will be greatly missed.

What a loss for the community! Mitch was a wonderful person. I had the pleasure of him coaching both of my sons. I sat on the sidelines keeping the book and sat at the barstool next to him after it was over recapping the game. Always positive, always had a wonderful thing to say about everyone. His smile and little laugh will always be remembered. My family is devastated, I can't imagine how his sister Megan, mom and dad must feel. Our prayers go out to them as well as all of the many lives he touched in such a positive way. Mustang has a great tribute to him at bmustangs.com:cry: