Goodell: NFL would consider ban on 3-point stance

Amazing how many people have an issue with safety issues to protect the health of the player.

Then they need to just change the way football is played all the way down to youth football. People are taught to play football one way their whole lives, then when they get to the top level of football, they are told they have to play a different way. That is the problem I think many people have with this.

Amazing how many people have an issue with safety issues to protect the health of the player.

Football is a dangerous game. The men who play professionally knew exactly what they were getting into when they signed their multi-million dollar contract.

I'm all for the safety of the players but it gets taken too far sometimes. I'm not a doctor or an engineer but In my opinion the best way to protect the players is in the advancement of the equipment they wear, not changing the way the game is played.

Football is a dangerous game. The men who play professionally knew exactly what they were getting into when they signed their multi-million dollar contract.

I'm all for the safety of the players but it gets taken too far sometimes. I'm not a doctor or an engineer but In my opinion the best way to protect the players is in the advancement of the equipment they wear, not changing the way the game is played.

Over the past 30-40 years, I don't think they DID KNOW. I don't think many know till now as we see the long term results of what the punishment they subjected themselves has done.

This is such a fundamental change to the game that I don't know if it can be done. If it trickled down to college and high school, this could kill some offenses like option from under center. This would eliminate any cut blocking.

I hope this doesn't happen; lets progress toward better equipment rather than fundamentally changing how the game is played.

• 2 weeks later...