September 13, 200521 yr Wouldn't this be solved by assigning districts to private schools? Although, I'm not sure they'd go for it. I can't say it enough (obviously) but what public schools, outside of Boone County Schools, have districts that forbid a student from outside of the geographic boundaries from attending their school?
September 13, 200521 yr http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=16155&format=html Link to an article today in the Advocate Messenger on the subject... Proponents of the separate classification insist they are not knocking the success of private schools or anything those coaches have done. The current proposal would still allow for public schools to play private schools during the regular season, but when the playoffs in various sports start the private and public schools would go their separate ways. This right here makes me angry.....REALLY, REALLY, REALLY ANGRY! :mad: :mad: The fact that they would "allow" us to play public schools during the regular season..... I'm seriously speechless with anger right now! :mad: :mad: :mad: What do others of you feel about this?
September 13, 200521 yr Interesting debate and I can see points on both sides but one thing I can be sure of, a tremendous amount of lobbying will go on to affect the 2/3 majority, one way or the other.
September 13, 200521 yr Wouldn't this be solved by assigning districts to private schools? Although, I'm not sure they'd go for it. How? If you are a Catholic kid in Boone Co. and you want to go to an all-boys school and play football because your Dad went there (or if you are a girl and want to go to ND) why shouldn't you? Now if you are a Catholic family living in Boone Co. and you have no ties to CovCath and your kid would like to go to St. Henry if they added football then why shouldn't you? And how does districts effect kids that have their school closed or merged and they decide to go to a public school?
September 13, 200521 yr Its interesting that the issue of state championships is not an issue in the 2 big revenue sports.
September 13, 200521 yr This right here makes me angry.....REALLY, REALLY, REALLY ANGRY! :mad: :mad: The fact that they would "allow" us to play public schools during the regular season..... I'm seriously speechless with anger right now! :mad: :mad: :mad: What do others of you feel about this? Don't get mad. If it happens the private schools need to leave the KHSAA. Then the recruiting whinning will really begin.
September 13, 200521 yr http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=16155&format=html Link to an article today in the Advocate Messenger on the subject... While not officially "taking a side", the article appears to slant in the direction one would expect from a newspaper which serves two of the more likely beneficiaries, (Danville and Boyle County) if the privates were banished to their own playoffs. The observation that "Money is seldom a problem at private schools" obviously came from someone that never sat in on a parochial school budget meeting!! I'd be interested in seeing how many of the swimming, tennis, cross country, etc. titles were won by a handful of schools. I doubt the vast majority of schools, public or private even have tennis or swimming teams!! Also interesting was the lack of the private's superiority in football and basketball!!
September 13, 200521 yr Author The KHSAA could care less why a family chooses to send a child to a particular school - even if its athletics. They ONLY become concerned once the student has been a varsity athlete at a previous school. You really think that? Then why does the KHSAA care if a kid playing varsity sports tranfers??? I bet you that the KHSAA does care about why kids go to particular schools, but it would be IMPOSSIBLE to regulate this issue, in the sense of trying to determine why a kid picks school Z to attend, beginning in 9th grade (heck, they are having a hard time regulating cases when a kid playing varsity sports transfers).
September 13, 200521 yr I can't say it enough (obviously) but what public schools, outside of Boone County Schools, have districts that forbid a student from outside of the geographic boundaries from attending their school? I should've added this statement. Well obviously Kenton Co doesn't but IMO, you give everyone districts and if you live in it you can play for that school. Some kids will have two or more options and others won't.
September 13, 200521 yr While not officially "taking a side", the article appears to slant in the direction one would expect from a newspaper which serves two of the more likely beneficiaries, (Danville and Boyle County) if the privates were banished to their own playoffs. The observation that "Money is seldom a problem at private schools" obviously came from someone that never sat in on a parochial school budget meeting!! I'd be interested in seeing how many of the swimming, tennis, cross country, etc. titles were won by a handful of schools. I doubt the vast majority of schools, public or private even have tennis or swimming teams!! Also interesting was the lack of the private's superiority in football and basketball!! Yeah, that article was pretty slanted to people that would benefit from it.
September 13, 200521 yr Well obviously Kenton Co doesn't . Kenton County, Ludlow, Highlands, Bellevue, Beechwood, and on and on and on.
September 13, 200521 yr God I love this website! Why? You like it when I get speechless with anger! :fight:
September 13, 200521 yr God I love this website! Me too!! I have learned so much about the hobby I love, High School Football. I don't really care who my team plays as long as they are having fun!!
September 13, 200521 yr How? If you are a Catholic kid in Boone Co. and you want to go to an all-boys school and play football because your Dad went there (or if you are a girl and want to go to ND) why shouldn't you? Now if you are a Catholic family living in Boone Co. and you have no ties to CovCath and your kid would like to go to St. Henry if they added football then why shouldn't you? And how does districts effect kids that have their school closed or merged and they decide to go to a public school? Again, assign districts to public and private schools. If you're in that district, you can go to that school and play sports. If you're not, you play for the school in your district in which you live. For example, you can choose NCC or Newport for high school if you live in Newport. Ft Thomas has one high school, you go there or you move.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.