Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Public/Private Debate: A Scenario (guru please read!)

Featured Replies

Well you would be tempted to say "country-club sports" (tennis, golf, swimming) are dominated by private schools.

 

However, most private schools in NKY don't even offer swimming and more public schools do.

CCH does, does HHS? :D

  • Replies 152
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put you don't pay for it like you do at the other schools.

 

 

I don't follow.

I don't follow.

 

You can go to any of the three Kenton Co high schools and don't have to pay out of district tuition, correct? If you're out of district at the other schools you mentioned you have to pay tuition.

Again, assign districts to public and private schools. If you're in that district, you can go to that school and play sports. If you're not, you play for the school in your district in which you live. For example, you can choose NCC or Newport for high school if you live in Newport. Ft Thomas has one high school, you go there or you move.

 

 

Why shouldn't a parent be able to send their child to whatever school they think is best for them, academically & athletically???????

 

So your team can be better in sports???????Come on!!!!

You can go to any of the three Kenton Co high schools and don't have to pay out of district tuition, correct? .

 

Only a)if I currently live in Kenton County and b) the school I want to attend outside of my district school has room.

 

Again, though, the 'private schools don't have districts' argument is moot since , in NKY, 90% of public schools do not either.

To answer your first question, huh?

Your second question: If you live in Southgate and go to high school your school is Newport. If you want to go to HHS, CCHS, DHS or BHS, you pay the ADA to attend.(Currently $4125) Unless Newport releases you.

Your third question: Yes

 

 

How can this be in the USA?

 

So you want to set up private school districts by what public school district they reside in?

 

So if I live Taylor Mill do I have to go to Scott or Calvery Christian? I can't go to Holy Cross? What if I live in Latonia? Can I go to Holmes or Holy Cross but I can't go to Calvery or Latin school?

 

Yeah that would work. :rolleyes:

Why shouldn't a parent be able to send their child to whatever school they think is best for them, academically & athletically???????

 

So your team can be better in sports???????Come on!!!!

 

They can, move into the district. It has nothing to do with "my team." If you're not in Ft Thomas, you don't play for HHS.

How can this be in the USA?

 

So you want to set up private school districts by what public school district they reside in?

 

So if I live Taylor Mill do I have to go to Scott or Calvery Christian? I can't go to Holy Cross? What if I live in Latonia? Can I go to Holmes or Holy Cross but I can't go to Calvery or Latin school?

 

Yeah that would work. :rolleyes:

 

I gave examples not actual districts. I honestly could care less where anyone goes. Got a better idea?

This right here makes me angry.....REALLY, REALLY, REALLY ANGRY! :mad: :mad:

 

 

The fact that they would "allow" us to play public schools during the regular season.....

 

 

I'm seriously speechless with anger right now! :mad: :mad: :mad:

 

What do others of you feel about this?

 

I kinda figured you would be angry with that article rockmom, lol. It just kinda restates what I have been hearing the public schools AD's talking about. But like someone else on here mentioned, the public schools take up the majority of the state and you would think that they would have the majority say-so in keeping the privates in the KHSAA, so are the public schools the ones keeping the private schools in? I would think that a vote to kick private schools out would have to be backed by solid evidence and proof that there is an unfair advantage and not just a bunch of opinion.

Only a)if I currently live in Kenton County and b) the school I want to attend outside of my district school has room.

 

Again, though, the 'private schools don't have districts' argument is moot since , in NKY, 90% of public schools do not either.

 

But they do have districts, with options. :D

They can, move into the district. It has nothing to do with "my team." If you're not in Ft Thomas, you don't play for HHS.
That's not even close to being accurate. You do not have to live in Ft. Thomas at all.

 

The K last year lived in Walton, Highlands is an independent school district, as long as you start there, you don't have to live there.

 

If you are transferring then there must be a change of residence.

That's not even close to being accurate. You do not have to live in Ft. Thomas at all.

 

The K last year lived in Walton, Highlands is an independent school district, as long as you start there, you don't have to live there.

 

If you are transferring then there must be a change of residence.

 

Again, I was giving a scenario or idea to adopt. Not stating that's how it is.

$4600 in-district

$5000 out of district

Wrong.

 

It is about $3900.

I kinda figured you would be angry with that article rockmom, lol. It just kinda restates what I have been hearing the public schools AD's talking about. But like someone else on here mentioned, the public schools take up the majority of the state and you would think that they would have the majority say-so in keeping the privates in the KHSAA, so are the public schools the ones keeping the private schools in? I would think that a vote to kick private schools out would have to be backed by solid evidence and proof that there is an unfair advantage and not just a bunch of opinion.

 

 

Here's my point....if you (meaning public schools, not anyone specifically) don't want to compete with us for championships, I am offended that you deem it worthy of you to "allow" us to compete with you during the regular season. Exactly what the heck is the benefit of that? Why would the private schools WANT to play you in the regular season! As far as I'm concerned, if you want to separate us in the championships, then make it a clean break. You go your way, we'll go ours. As to "allowing" us....ain't that just nice of you. :rolleyes: I've got more, stronger words, but due to my position as a moderator, and the fact that I'd like to keep my pristine status of "never suspended", I'll stop now.

Wrong.

 

It is about $3900.

 

 

Mak, you'd better call your boy Mr. Noll then and tell him to correct the NCC website. Note: I added in the $500 fees as well. If you're writing the check, you don't care how the school breaks it down - its all tuition when you're stroking the check.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.