Public/Private Debate: A Scenario (guru please read!)

jbwill2

They can, move into the district. It has nothing to do with "my team." If you're not in Ft Thomas, you don't play for HHS.

Why should I have to move to send my kid to a school that I think is the best?

I would be paying tuition; maybe I can't afford to live in an area around the school. My children should be penalized for that?????

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my point....if you (meaning public schools, not anyone specifically) don't want to compete with us for championships, I am offended that you deem it worthy of you to "allow" us to compete with you during the regular season. Exactly what the heck is the benefit of that? Why would the private schools WANT to play you in the regular season! As far as I'm concerned, if you want to separate us in the championships, then make it a clean break. You go your way, we'll go ours. As to "allowing" us....ain't that just nice of you. :rolleyes: I've got more, stronger words, but due to my position as a moderator, and the fact that I'd like to keep my pristine status of "never suspended", I'll stop now.

I could imagine that if something like this passes, it would be a clean break cause the private schools won't want to play any public schools for this reason. But I could also see some private schools wanting to play public schools for the challenge, bragging rights, gate, whatever. I am guessing that this proposal is being put together by a group of public schools and they don't want to not include any teams in the regular season where wins don't matter.

If you're not in Ft Thomas, you don't play for HHS.

Interestingly enough, I just received a phone call from the mayor of Ft Thomas ( I didnt know he read BGP) asking if I knew the true identity of Stickymitts. He has a bunch of 'for sale' signs he would like to stick up in his yard.

I didn't follow the entire conversation as he was quite upset but I kept hearing something about 'blasphemy'.

Why should I have to move to send my kid to a school that I think is the best?

I would be paying tuition; maybe I can't afford to live in an area around the school. My children should be penalized for that?????

You could afford it if you spent the extra $4000 per year on a house instead of tuition. ;)

Interestingly enough, I just received a phone call from the mayor of Ft Thomas ( I didnt know he read BGP) asking if I knew the true identity of Stickymitts. He has a bunch of 'for sale' signs he would like to stick up in his yard.

I didn't follow the entire conversation as he was quite upset but I kept hearing something about 'blasphemy'.

I'm sure Mayor Mary Brown didn't call you. :laugh: :laugh: :p:p

Also, you'd have to live somewhere around CCH to attend as well. However, it's obvious that this is not a popular idea from all of our open minded posters. :rolleyes::D

Also, you'd have to live somewhere around CCH to attend as well. However, it's obvious that this is not a popular idea from all of our open minded posters. :rolleyes::D

Man, you guys are too funny, :laugh:

Now you can see how blasphemous your statements were - I couldn't even tell if the caller was a man or a woman.

This right here makes me angry.....REALLY, REALLY, REALLY ANGRY! :mad: :mad:

The fact that they would "allow" us to play public schools during the regular season.....

I'm seriously speechless with anger right now! :mad: :mad: :mad:

What do others of you feel about this?

Why should we play them? I do know this sure, they love our gate money. What a joke . Give them what they want. My wife and I will continue working side jobs so our children can get a Catholic education. They don't want us..and we don't need them. Now...that is how I feel about the this situation. :mad: :fight: :madman:

They can, move into the district. It has nothing to do with "my team." If you're not in Ft Thomas, you don't play for HHS.

Is this a true Statement? I thought I heard there was freshman from Villa Hills on Highlands freshman team?

Mak, you'd better call your boy Mr. Noll then and tell him to correct the NCC website. Note: I added in the $500 fees as well. If you're writing the check, you don't care how the school breaks it down - its all tuition when you're stroking the check.

Didn't know you added in the fees. That's not really considered tuition. But I understand what you're saying.

I quess I heard wrong! What does a " scenario only" mean?

The statement's not true, the player is from Villa Hills. You heard correct. When I said, "You have to live in Ft Thomas to play for Highlands." I was merely stating that in my opinion, that's the way it should be. You have to assign districts to private schools and public schools than only allow kids to go to those schools within their districts. That idea didn't go over too well though.