Would an undefeated UC team get a title shot over one loss USC, Ohio St, etc

Original Rookie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are ranked #8 right now. Does the BCS still take polls into its equation? You have to figure that if they remain undefeated, that they can move up to #3 or #4 fairly quickly as teams continue through their conference play. I don't believe that they should make it over a 1 loss Alabama, LSU, Florida, or Texas. Everyone else is fair game.

They are ranked #8 right now. Does the BCS still take polls into its equation? You have to figure that if they remain undefeated, that they can move up to #3 or #4 fairly quickly as teams continue through their conference play. I don't believe that they should make it over a 1 loss Alabama, LSU, Florida, or Texas. Everyone else is fair game.

I some what agree, but kinda question a 1 loss Texas team? I can't think of anyone the long horns will play that really makes them a contender still? The sooners are a bust, so I don't see them as a loss.

Not without some help. I believe that Cincinnati would need at least two of the one loss teams ahead of them to lose, being USC, Virginia Tech, and Ohio State. With no additional losses, Virginia Tech would have the luxury of having won a conference title game. Ohio State would have the luxury of having beaten three straight ranked opponents (probably) in Penn State, Iowa, and Michigan, with Penn State and Michigan being on the road. USC, well, they're USC, and they'd have a high profile win over Oregon on the road. And that's before you get into the idea of who these undefeateds ahead of them are losing to. If Florida's only loss is to LSU, or vice versa. If Texas's only loss is to Oklahoma. What about the Big 12 and SEC title games?

The reality is that Cincinnati still will need a lot of help to move far enough up the polls, and they'll need losses, lots of them, ahead of them.

With the current system, alot would have to happen before Cincy should be able to get to the title game. If these teams have one loss they should definitely be above them:

UF, Bama or LSU, USC, Texas. I'd even suggest that if Bradford comes back and they win out, I wouldn't have a problem with them making it with 2 losses over Cincy. While, OU should and will be punished for losing 2 games, an asterisk should be placed next to those games as they were without the returning Heisman trophy winner. They lost two games by a total of 2 points, I'd say with Bradford they would have more than made up the difference.

Not without some help. I believe that Cincinnati would need at least two of the one loss teams ahead of them to lose, being USC, Virginia Tech, and Ohio State. With no additional losses, Virginia Tech would have the luxury of having won a conference title game. Ohio State would have the luxury of having beaten three straight ranked opponents (probably) in Penn State, Iowa, and Michigan, with Penn State and Michigan being on the road. USC, well, they're USC, and they'd have a high profile win over Oregon on the road. And that's before you get into the idea of who these undefeateds ahead of them are losing to. If Florida's only loss is to LSU, or vice versa. If Texas's only loss is to Oklahoma. What about the Big 12 and SEC title games?

The reality is that Cincinnati still will need a lot of help to move far enough up the polls, and they'll need losses, lots of them, ahead of them.

3 of the teams ahead of UC have to play each other. Florida must play LSU and Alabama. Alabama has to play LSU, and then there is a conference championship game. There is the potential that UC could be #3 heading into the final week of the season, behind possibly an SEC school and Texas. I don't think that Va Tech will go through w/out another loss.