Would an undefeated UC team get a title shot over one loss USC, Ohio St, etc

Original Rookie

Based on what? I mean IMO UC will be facing better overall competition in the regular season than OSU will in the Big 10. UC has the better offense than OSU, and UC has the better defense. Lets please not be over ranking OSU again, you would think people would have started learning their lesson by now. OSU is not the best team in Ohio this year. OSU should be happy that they don't play UC this year, so this way the whole country doesn't get to see that UC is better. I am not even really a UC fan, but I can see that they are better.

I doubt they're going to be playing better overall competition. Michigan, USC and Penn State are all better than anyone on UC's schedule. They're a good team, but they aren't on the level of Ohio State, USC, Florida, Alabama, Texas, Miami, or to be quite honest, I'd take Boise State over UC.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OSU and UC didn't play this year,..... I wonder why. :sssh:

Because OSU sets its schedule 4-5 years in advance. They play UC again in 2012 and are 4-0 against UC all time, so I don’t think they were scared to play them which is what you seem to be implying.

Because OSU sets its schedule 4-5 years in advance. They play UC again in 2012 and are 4-0 against UC all time, so I don’t think they were scared to play them which is what you seem to be implying.

They already paid a million to buy the game back to Columbus and are currently looking at their options to buy the game out completely. At this point I doubt they play in 2012...

UC hasn't been on the upward for a while? That's what you would seem to be implying.:D

I doubt they're going to be playing better overall competition. Michigan, USC and Penn State are all better than anyone on UC's schedule. They're a good team, but they aren't on the level of Ohio State, USC, Florida, Alabama, Texas, Miami, or to be quite honest, I'd take Boise State over UC.

I don't know that tOSU is on the same level of any of those teams, I'd say they're about even with Miami. Yes I watched the USC game, and I know they lost a game which kinda solidify's my point about the other teams.

I don't know that tOSU is on the same level of any of those teams, I'd say they're about even with Miami. Yes I watched the USC game, and I know they lost a game which kinda solidify's my point about the other teams.

I'm a Canes guy, and I'd say UC would give the U all they could handle. UC isn't on Miami's level athletically when you look at the entire roster, but with experience, a good SR QB, and a great coach, it would take a great game from the Canes to come out with a win, as of today.

OSU would be a close game, but I think the Buckeyes would pull it out.

For Cincy to compete with the big boys, it's not that they lack the talent, it's the depth and athleticism. For that reason I'd rather see one of the bigger teams get into the title game to play the SEC Champion.

OSU will lose a Big Ten conference game this year! Maybe even two of them. I don't know who it will be. But it seems OSU has trouble beating PSU. Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, even Michigan all the ability to sneak up and beat them this year.

They already paid a million to buy the game back to Columbus and are currently looking at their options to buy the game out completely. At this point I doubt they play in 2012...

As long as UC is still having this level of success or AKA BK is still in town they will play it. I know OSU wants to get FL on the schedule but if UC is still doing this well it will play out. Remember UC is set to come back in 2014 as well.

Nippert Stadium seats ~35,000, the Shoe seats ~90,000, why would they want to play in Cincinnati? Looking at options to get out of the 2012 game? Proof? Link? Facts? I doubt it.

OSU will lose a Big Ten conference game this year! Maybe even two of them. I don't know who it will be. But it seems OSU has trouble beating PSU. Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, even Michigan all the ability to sneak up and beat them this year.

Ohio State might lose a Big Ten game this year, but so will Michigan. Oh wait they already have. Never mind. :sssh:

Nippert Stadium seats ~35,000, the Shoe seats ~90,000, why would they want to play in Cincinnati? Looking at options to get out of the 2012 game? Proof? Link? Facts? I doubt it.

It would have been at Paul Brown. OSU needs UC to be a featured opponent they don't have anyone else lined up other than playing California the next week but who knows about them. The vast majority of people do not believe BK will be at UC in 2012.

The vast majority of people do not believe BK will be at UC in 2012.

If the Buckeyes lose to Michigan this year, their bowl game, and Miami the beginning of next year BK might be in Columbus. Not that I think that will happen, but who knows. :idunno:

What does that have to do with this thread....:idunno:

I'm trying to figure that out as well?:idunno: I guess because a Michigan fan said it so something had to be said back. Of course Michigan lost one they'll probably lose two more. 89 players on their 120 player roster are freshman or sophomores.

Back on track, I really think the OSU/UC game would be great! I do think OSU would win but not by much. Let's hope for it to happen!