Would an undefeated UC team get a title shot over one loss USC, Ohio St, etc

Original Rookie

I don't see anyway that OSU gets in the Title game over an undefeated UC team. The Polls definitely won't have them over UC, because there is no way IMO that they would want to take a chance of having OSU get blown out again in the Title game. They would catch way to much heat for having a team like OSU over an undefeated team like UC.

I think they would, I can't stand Ohio State, but I think they are the better team and I would put them in the title over UC.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they would, I can't stand Ohio State, but I think they are the better team and I would put them in the title over UC.

Based on what? I mean IMO UC will be facing better overall competition in the regular season than OSU will in the Big 10. UC has the better offense than OSU, and UC has the better defense. Lets please not be over ranking OSU again, you would think people would have started learning their lesson by now. OSU is not the best team in Ohio this year. OSU should be happy that they don't play UC this year, so this way the whole country doesn't get to see that UC is better. I am not even really a UC fan, but I can see that they are better.

I don't see anyway that OSU gets in the Title game over an undefeated UC team. The Polls definitely won't have them over UC, because there is no way IMO that they would want to take a chance of having OSU get blown out again in the Title game. They would catch way to much heat for having a team like OSU over an undefeated team like UC.

OSU looked a little better against a tougher team than UC did in their bowl game last year.

Based on what? I mean IMO UC will be facing better overall competition in the regular season than OSU will in the Big 10. UC has the better offense than OSU, and UC has the better defense. Lets please not be over ranking OSU again, you would think people would have started learning their lesson by now. OSU is not the best team in Ohio this year. OSU should be happy that they don't play UC this year, so this way the whole country doesn't get to see that UC is better. I am not even really a UC fan, but I can see that they are better.

You mean the baskeball conference that plays a little football on the side? :laugh:

I hope OSU and UC play in a bowl game I would love to see Pike throw 50 times against the OSU D-line good match up.

What IFFFFF USC loses another game? OSU lost at home in front of their biggest audience ever, and Pike is CURRENTLY a hiseman candidate.............

You mean the baskeball conference that plays a little football on the side? :laugh:

I hope OSU and UC play in a bowl game I would love to see Pike throw 50 times against the OSU D-line good match up.

OSU and UC didn't play this year,..... I wonder why. :sssh:

So you're saying last years accomplishments should some how factor to this year? Good news for Oklahoma.:ohbrother:

I am saying OSU more than held their own last January. They didn't play this year because it was the 2nd year of the USC contract for OSU then on to Miami of FL. UC will be in 2012. I hope there is a way they can play in a bowl this year.

Edited by John Anthony

So, let me add a new question to this debate. Instead of asking "would it happen", I want to know this...

Should it happen? Should an undefeated UC get in the title game over a one-loss Florida, Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Texas, etc.? If you were the tie-breaking vote, would you vote the Bearcats into the title game over any of the following teams if they had a loss?

Florida

Texas

Alabama

LSU

Virginia Tech

Southern Cal

Ohio State

Miami (FL)

Iowa

Oregon

Penn State

Oklahoma State

Kansas

Auburn

Mississippi

Nebraska

Georgia Tech

South Florida

Missouri

South Carolina

Wisconsin

So, let me add a new question to this debate. Instead of asking "would it happen", I want to know this...

Should it happen? Should an undefeated UC get in the title game over a one-loss Florida, Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Texas, etc.? If you were the tie-breaking vote, would you vote the Bearcats into the title game over any of the following teams if they had a loss?

Florida

Texas

Alabama

LSU

Virginia Tech

Southern Cal

Ohio State

Miami (FL)

Penn State

Oklahoma State

Auburn

Mississippi

Nebraska

Missouri

South Carolina

The teams I left from your list, I would vote in over an undefeated UC.

I am saying OSU more than held their own last January. They didn't play this year because it was the 2nd year of the USC contract for OSU then on to Miami of FL. UC will be in 2012. I hope there is a way they can play in a bowl this year.

Ok and last years seniors are gone, and this years freshmen are hear,.... so that's two classes that are technically factors this years that have nothing to do with last year. Last year doesn't mean anything, ok ok tOSU didn't get thumped by an SEC team last January, I'll give you that. Though they did still lose.

The teams I left from your list, I would vote in over an undefeated UC.

I haven't looked at them that close, but I know without a doubt that the first eight teams on my list would be voted in ahead of UC if it were up to me.

And, I know there are several others after that I would vote for.

Florida

Texas

Alabama

LSU

Virginia Tech

Southern Cal

Ohio State

Miami (FL)

Iowa

Oregon

Penn State

Oklahoma State

Kansas

Auburn

Mississippi

Nebraska

Georgia Tech

South Florida

Missouri

South Carolina

Wisconsin

Yes to all of the bolded.

I haven't looked at them that close, but I know without a doubt that the first eight teams on my list would be voted in ahead of UC if it were up to me.

And, I know there are several others after that I would vote for.

I'd say the first 5 for me. The last 3 of your top 8 seem to be big name programs having succesful years, but nothing spectacular.

Let's take a little deeper look at each....

Florida- no brainer

Texas- no brainer

Alabama- no brainer

LSU- no brainer

Virginia Tech- no brainer

Southern Cal- has a victory over OSU, and plays in a conference much better than UC.

Ohio State-would go undefeated in Big Ten play, with a victory in Happy Valley.

Miami (FL)-has already beat 3 top 20 teams, all better than anything UC will have.

Iowa- has a win @ Penn State, with the possibility of a win @ OSU. I said no, but you could make a good case for them now that I look closer.

Oregon- lost to Boise State, would need a win over USC, and I still doubt that's enough.

Penn State- would have wins over Ohio State and Michigan, plus plays in a tougher conference.

Oklahoma State- loss to Houston not looking so bad, would also have a win over Texas and Oklahoma.

Kansas-would have a win over Oklahoma or Texas, possibly both.

Auburn-would have two wins over LSU, Ole Miss, or Bama if not all 3.

Mississippi-would have two wins over LSU, Auburn, or Bama if not all 3.

Nebraska-lost a nailbiter to VaTech, would have wins over Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas.

Georgia Tech-lost to Miami, would have wins over FSU and VaTech

South Florida-won't happen, case closed.

Missouri- would have wins over 2 of Nebraska, Texas, OkState.

South Carolina-would have victories over Florida & Bama. Only loss to Georgia.

Wisconsin- would have win over either OSU or Iowa...Not a real strong case can be made IMO.