MJ and other's speeches...What do you think?

What reason could he possibly have to be bitter??? Any other player would have been nailed to the wall for his gambling, yet Jordan everything was kept hush, hush. I'm not saying that he gambled on basketball, but he did go to Atlantic City until 4am the night before a play-off game. Vince Carter attended his college graduation, missed the game winning shot against the Sixers in the playoffs, and he still can't live that down. Jordan has always, and he has earned it, been given the benefit of the doubt. He can not possibly be bitter. He only used a couple of slights for motivation, but they aren't anything worse than what other players have experienced.

The difference between MJ and Carter...MJ probably dominated the game that night, scored 30+ points and didn't lose. Where in his contract does it say that he can't go gambling, be out late as he wants? As long as he performs and gets it done, which he obviously did.

He has plenty of gripe with Krause and the Bulls organization in general. At least I think he does.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an unabashed Kobe fan:sssh:, but I saw absolutely nothing wrong with his speech and I am not mad at MJ for anything at all and I have never liked MJ and I never will. I say bad things about MJ in jest, but in all reality he is the greatest of all time and he can do whatever he wants to do, IMO.

He and Tiger Woods deserve their media pass, IMO. They have earned it.

I liked the speech. He corrected everyone who stood in his way on his way to the top. And thats where he is, at the TOP.

If I am MJ at this time I think I deserve, if I want to, to kinda take a look down off the mountain top and correct the people who may have did things I didn't like in the past. They had their shot in the past, now its my turn.

Thats MJ and anyone who is mad or expected anything different at this point doesn't understand MJ and his personality. If I am MJ, I would also be cocky because he deserves it as much as anyone who has ever played the game.

I liked the speech. He corrected everyone who stood in his way on his way to the top. And thats where he is, at the TOP.

If I am MJ at this time I think I deserve, if I want to, to kinda take a look down off the mountain top and correct the people who may have did things I didn't like in the past. They had their shot in the past, now its my turn.

Thats MJ and anyone who is mad or expected anything different at this point doesn't understand MJ and his personality. If I am MJ, I would also be cocky because he deserves it as much as anyone who has ever played the game.

He hasn't found a cure for cancer, and he hasn't saved a life, from what I can tell. All he's done is play a game and make lots of money. To me, that is no reason to be cocky.

He hasn't found a cure for cancer, and he hasn't saved a life, from what I can tell. All he's done is play a game and make lots of money. To me, that is no reason to be cocky.

Bottom line, MJ gets a free pass from 99% of people because of his exceptional on the court skills. That is just the reality of the situation.

Yea but the person who does find the cure for cancer may never wear 6 Championship Rings that he has earned over a course of a season and went through endless hours of physical punishment. I am not saying that MJ should win the Nobel Peace Prize either. I am just saying if I am considered the best player, and on a day that the sport is recognizing me in the Hall of Fame and I have the podium....then I would also be a little cocky. Of course some say I am cocky after I win a game of pool every now and again, but then again there are an "I" in win.:sssh: :D

Bottom line, MJ gets a free pass from 99% of people because of his exceptional on the court skills. That is just the reality of the situation.

That is the reality, and that is the irony that I'm trying to point out. He won 6 championship rings, but really what does that give the world? Nothing. However, he can feel like he is above everyone else b/c he was the greatest basketball player of our generation. Our society's priorities are really screwed up.

Yea but the person who does find the cure for cancer may never wear 6 Championship Rings that he has earned over a course of a season and went through endless hours of physical punishment. I am not saying that MJ should win the Nobel Peace Prize either. I am just saying if I am considered the best player, and on a day that the sport is recognizing me in the Hall of Fame and I have the podium....then I would also be a little cocky. Of course some say I am cocky after I win a game of pool every now and again, but then again there are an "I" in win.:sssh: :D

Wow.

That is the reality, and that is the irony that I'm trying to point out. He won 6 championship rings, but really what does that give the world? Nothing. However, he can feel like he is above everyone else b/c he was the greatest basketball player of our generation. Our society's priorities are really screwed up.
You are absolutely correct. And Jordan also received a lot of criticism (fair or unfair) for not ever standing for anything besides his own self interest. He obviously donated to some charities, but many felt he should have used his status as a global icon to stand for __________. Similar to an Ali.

You are absolutely correct. And Jordan also received a lot of criticism (fair or unfair) for not ever standing for anything besides his own self interest. He obviously donated to some charities, but many felt he should have used his status as a global icon to stand for __________. Similar to an Ali.

Some people just aren't wired that way. Ali also used his staus for a political statement. Some just do their thing and keep to themselves. I don't have a problem with any of them.

Some people just aren't wired that way. Ali also used his staus for a political statement. Some just do their thing and keep to themselves. I don't have a problem with any of them.

Nor do I. Jordan was 10X more concerned with marketing himself and Nike... more power to him. Tiger is the same way. Stand for what you believe in and not for what others want you to stand for.