MJ and other's speeches...What do you think?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many people, including the journalist of the article, are jealous of Jordan. MJ always had a chip on his shoulder and he always backed it up. Jordan is one of the rare athletes in the world who can get away with this, because that's what made him. Proving people wrong. Like him or love him, that's just who he is.

He's is right too, he is the Bulls and the NBA. He made them both. Everyone seems to forget when he left Chicago how bad they were, he comes back and they instantly pick back up.

So many people, including the journalist of the article, are jealous of Jordan. MJ always had a chip on his shoulder and he always backed it up. Jordan is one of the rare athletes in the world who can get away with this, because that's what made him. Proving people wrong. Like him or love him, that's just who he is.

He's is right too, he is the Bulls and the NBA. He made them both. Everyone seems to forget when he left Chicago how bad they were, he comes back and they instantly pick back up.

I agree with your first statement, the chip on his shoulder is what gave him the motivation to be so good.

The Bulls were definitely not as good as when Michael Jordan was there, but if I remember correctly, they still made the playoffs in his abscence, didn't they? I'm one of the biggest MJ fans out there, but this still weren't as bad as it seems you're describing.

A lot of people in NBA circles were upset with his speech. Typical of the type of person MJ is. I don't why why they expected different.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jordanhall091209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Whatever, Michael. Everyone gets it. Truth be told, everyone got it years ago, but somehow he thinks this is a cleansing exercise. When basketball wanted to celebrate Jordan as the greatest player ever, wanted to honor him for changing basketball everywhere, he was petty and punitive. Yes, there was some wink-wink teasing with his beloved Dean Smith, but make no mistake: Jordan revealed himself to be strangely bitter. You won, Michael. You won it all. Yet, he keeps chasing something that he’ll never catch, and sometimes, well, it all seems so hollow for him.

Jordan spent more time pointlessly admonishing Van Gundy and Russell for crossing him with taunts a dozen years ago than he did singling out his three children. When he finally acknowledged his family, Jordan blurted, in part, to them, “I wouldn’t want to be you guys.”

“M.J. was introduced as the greatest player ever and he’s still standing there trying to settle scores,” one Hall of Famer said privately later.

Jordan didn’t hurt his image with the NBA community, as much as he reminded them of it. “That’s who Michael is,” one high-ranking team executive said. “It wasn’t like he was out of character. There’s no one else who could’ve gotten away with what he did tonight. But it was Michael, and everyone just goes along.”

I agree with your first statement, the chip on his shoulder is what gave him the motivation to be so good.

The Bulls were definitely not as good as when Michael Jordan was there, but if I remember correctly, they still made the playoffs in his abscence, didn't they? I'm one of the biggest MJ fans out there, but this still weren't as bad as it seems you're describing.

They had a good record the first year (won 55 games), but were beat in the second round of playoffs.

The second year, they were a .500 club until he came back.

Making the playoffs in the NBA aint' a big deal, half the teams make the playoffs. They were very average without him, that's my point. Chicago never was and never has been a good team without MJ.

When Jordan should’ve thanked the Bulls ex-GM, Jerry Krause, for surrounding him with championship coaches and talent, he ridiculed him. It was me, Jordan was saying. Not him. “The organization didn’t play with the flu in Utah,” Jordan grumbled.

I was glad he did that to Krause and Co.