Somerset 24 Knox Central 22

I was wrong on this one I thought Knox would be too much for Somerset maybe KC isn't as good as I thougt. Congrats to Somerset.
Or maybe Somerset's a little better than some realized. Me included. I know there are some good years ahead, but maybe this year gets it started. :thumb:

Yet another game I missed the boat on. I thought for sure that KC would roll. I was dead wrong. I guess the new coach was very ready for the challenge to take over on such short notice and the kids responded. Sets up a very interesting game next week between Knox Central and North Laurel in the Cumberland Valley Bowl.

Or maybe Somerset's a little better than some realized. Me included. I know there are some good years ahead, but maybe this year gets it started. :thumb:

:thumb:Somerset has a fine team. I knew they would have the athletes but I was impressed with their guys in the trenches. No one wants a loss but this is the type of game KC's young guys needed to learn from. I was impressed with the new kids on Central's team, just need a little seasoning and they'll be fine.

Congrats to the Briar Jumpers and Coach Lucas in his first game as head coach. This seems to be a much tougher-minded, hard-nosed Somerset team than last year. They hung in their and played their hearts out tonight. It would have been easy to fold after what all has happened the last couple of weeks--especially after Knox Central went right down the field and scored on their opening possession. Or again when Knox ran a kickoff back and had a chance to tie it late, or even when the Panthers recovered a late fumble and had the ball with a couple of minutes left. There were several chances for Somerset to hang their heads and maybe last year they would have but tonight they just kept plugging. I'm very proud of the kids and coaches on a hard fought win. Unfortunately there isn't much time to enjoy it. Time to get ready for the Correll Bowl and Pulaski County next week.

Also I'd like to thank the Knox Central team and fans for putting on a great event. Nice facilities and you were super hosts. Good luck the rest of the season.

I thought this was a very good game. Both teams played very hard. I was impressed by the speed and overall talent by Somerset. I was happy to see the young talent for K.C. step up and make big plays. I give Barger and A he really stepped up and answered the call. I also couldnt believe the speed of J. Canady. He played his heart out and really stepped up. He is the fasteset freshmen i have ever seen. I guess we will see another Canady playing big on saturdays soon. Great effort by both teams best of luck to both I think each team will only get better.

Great football atmosphere. Super fans on both sides. Hard fought game. Just the way you like to see the first game of the season. Both teams were hungry for some football. Tough game for anyone to lose but great effort from both teams.