Sushi

hurricane

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not true if you live in Louisville, we have a UPS air hub and get the freshest seafood possible.

If it travels 600 miles (or 2400, depending on the coast in question) on an airplane, it's not the freshest possible.

That being said, it can be pretty close to it. I'm going to be in Louisville on Sunday, maybe I'll try one of the recommendations.:thumb:

Unagi - Barbecued Eel. Sounds nasty, tastes awesome!

I'm a big sushi fan but found out the hard way to stay away from BBQ Eel. I ate at Tokyo on Chester Road in Tri-county for lunch one day and became very ill and disoriented minutes after eating this. I had to rush to the bathroom and felt like I was having a panic attack. I had a friend drive me home and had him instead take me to the hospital. They diagnosed me with Ciguatera food poisoning. Check it out on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciguatera

The way it was explained to me was the sushi was not bad or spoiled in anyway, but I had a reaction to the algae that the eel fed on. Crazy stuff, I honestly thought I was dying. There is no treatment and it ran it's course after 3-4 hours and have not any relapses since thankfully. I have even eat it again by mistake at Benihani with my boys when they snuck it in to some type of roll. As soon I realized I had eaten I started to freak out but didn't have any issues.

From where I am from we call that crap BAIT! :D "Cut Bait"/ raw fish works very well on catfish. A person can catch a fish on "sushi" , then fry it up, surround it with tatar sauce, fried taters,huspuppies and home grown "maters" like God meant it to be. :D:thumb:

I did not climb to the top of the food chain to eat raw meat and/or be a vegetarian. :sssh: