Letterman's Comments on Palin & Daughter?

Not sure if this should be posted here or in the General Discussion Forum, but since it involves a politician I'll start it here. Is anyone else as outraged as I am about Letterman's way out of bounds comments about Sarah Palin and her daughters??

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Comedy is not always nice. He joked about two people 18 or older.

Before any of you start screaming "You don't like Palin" while that's true I've always been a firm believer in comedy sometimes being offensive.

No. Comedy is not always nice. He joked about two people 18 or older.

Before any of you start screaming "You don't like Palin" while that's true I've always been a firm believer in comedy sometimes being offensive.

He talked about Palin's daughter who was visiting New York--She's 14!!!!

I don't know, I've seen alot worse. If she (Sarah Palin) wasn't a Repubican would it be an issue? It was a joke. Doesn't even compare to some of the stuff I've heard on AmericaRight on XM.

If she WASN'T a Republican, he'd already have been fired!! How do you think the media would have reacted to those statements about one of Obama's daughters for example??

Letterman is a loser. I wonder how funny he would think if the media (another comedian) was bashing his child. He isn't funny at all. If he didn't know who the "joke" was about or how old they were he should have kept his tongue in his mouth. Duck tape works wonders.

How would it have played if Hannity, Beck or Boortz said the same thing about Chelsey when she was a teen or the current first daughters? IMHO they would have lost their jobs.

What if the same guys had called Hillary a "bad word" stewardess as Letterman referred to Palin?

Funny or not isn't the issue, tacky or not isn't either. If a 62 year old man thinks he has to take a shot at someones 14 year old daughter to get ratings then that is his problem. My issue with this whole thing is how the press have for the most part given him a pass on this but would have lost their ever loving mind if it had been one of the examples stated above. A female reporter on NBC was interviewing someone about this and when he started hammering Letterman she began to talk over him and asked that his mike be turned off.

You think that episode Letterman's show sent a chill down Olbermann's leg.....I bet it did.