Zach Isler

:thumb: Agree. Isler was POY this year. And the excuses about what pitches Maile does or doesn't see are pointless. It is what it is. POY is an offensive stat-based

Looks like his offensive stats were pretty strong:

09 Season 55-107, 0.514 AVG, 56 runs, 11 2B, 4

3B, 12 HR's, 55 RBI's, 39 BB's, 3K's. OBP% .722.

:thumb: Agree. Isler was POY this year. And the excuses about what pitches Maile does or doesn't see are pointless. It is what it is. POY is an offensive stat-based (or pitching stat-based) award and you simply can't complain that someone doesn't get good enough pitches to see or that others around him get better pitches because of him. Just part of baseball. Blame it on the pitchers, blame it on the other coaches, blame it on Maile's good eye, blame it on the umpires, blame it on the other hitters around him, blame it on whatever you want. Isler had an incredible season that was deserving of POY.

Agree! :thumb: Unfortunatley only one player is honored. But, I'm sure we all can agree where Maile also had a great season. My personal choice, but he just didn't have the d-1 hype over the last 3 years would have been Ryan Darner. From what I've read in all of TOG'S recaps is he was the go to guy and got the needed hits in the big games.

Just curious does anyone think Zach Isler was snubbed on this years POY?

Although Maile is very deserving of this award I feel Zach Isler should have won it.(Not to take anything away from Maile because he is obviously one of the best players in the state) Isler had to of been the most dominant pitcher in the state this year. He was 11-0 with an ERA of 1.22 and 70 k's on the year. Although his hitting wasn't as strong as previous years he still hit for an average of .385 with 17 2B and 43 RBI's.

Maile hit for .510 with 50 RBI's, 10 2B, 2 3B, and 12 HRs.

Stats from nky.com. Not sure if their exactly right but I bet TOG will be more than happy to fill us in if they are inaccurate.:ylsuper:

Obviously Maile wins the hitting comparison however it is the Most Valuable Player Award. I believe Isler was the most valuable to his team. He was single handedly responsible for 11 of CCH's 33 wins. Not only was he dominant on the mound but he did hit for a very nice average and knocked in quite a few runs. Without Isler CCH doesn't end up with 33 wins and does not have as good as a season as they did. Yes of course Maile contributed to that as well however pitching is what wins you championships as it proved to be that way in the ninth this year. Snyder held CCH to one run and I'm pretty positive no one held CCH to one run this entire year.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts after seeing the Colonels for 3 games in the LIT from an unbiased observer, Isler is a good player but Maile is a special talent that only comes along. I got a chance to meet Isler's family and they are super nice but if I am picking first in a fantasy draft, I go Maile IMVHO.

My thoughts after seeing the Colonels for 3 games in the LIT from an unbiased observer, Isler is a good player but Maile is a special talent that only comes along. I got a chance to meet Isler's family and they are super nice but if I am picking first in a fantasy draft, I go Maile IMVHO.

In a fantasy draft, Maile may just be the pick. He no doubt has the better chance to make it farther with his baseball skills at this point in both of their careers (Isler and Maile). However, isn't the POY award supposed to go to the player that had the best year. Sure Maile's offensive stats were a little better than Zach's, but Zach was dominant on the mound. I just do not see how one could vote Maile if going strictly on this years stats.

In a fantasy draft, Maile may just be the pick. He no doubt has the better chance to make it farther with his baseball skills at this point in both of their careers (Isler and Maile). However, isn't the POY award supposed to go to the player that had the best year. Sure Maile's offensive stats were a little better than Zach's, but Zach was dominant on the mound. I just do not see how one could vote Maile if going strictly on this years stats.

If the numbers posted earlier are correct and Maile hit over .500 and got on base 3 out of every 4 plate appearances I would have voted for him too.

If the numbers posted earlier are correct and Maile hit over .500 and got on base 3 out of every 4 plate appearances I would have voted for him too.

Maybe this will make you re-think...

12-0 against all the top teams in region

1.22 ERA

70 SO

.395 BA

45 RBI's

*led the region in doubles

*only struck out 2x all year