Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Zach Isler

Featured Replies

Just curious does anyone think Zach Isler was snubbed on this years POY?

 

Although Maile is very deserving of this award I feel Zach Isler should have won it.(Not to take anything away from Maile because he is obviously one of the best players in the state) Isler had to of been the most dominant pitcher in the state this year. He was 11-0 with an ERA of 1.22 and 70 k's on the year. Although his hitting wasn't as strong as previous years he still hit for an average of .385 with 17 2B and 43 RBI's.

 

Maile hit for .510 with 50 RBI's, 10 2B, 2 3B, and 12 HRs.

 

Stats from nky.com. Not sure if their exactly right but I bet TOG will be more than happy to fill us in if they are inaccurate.:ylsuper:

 

Obviously Maile wins the hitting comparison however it is the Most Valuable Player Award. I believe Isler was the most valuable to his team. He was single handedly responsible for 11 of CCH's 33 wins. Not only was he dominant on the mound but he did hit for a very nice average and knocked in quite a few runs. Without Isler CCH doesn't end up with 33 wins and does not have as good as a season as they did. Yes of course Maile contributed to that as well however pitching is what wins you championships as it proved to be that way in the ninth this year. Snyder held CCH to one run and I'm pretty positive no one held CCH to one run this entire year.

 

Any thoughts?

Too hard to compare. I could make an argument for either and feel good about it.

 

Not only has Ice had a POY type year he's had a CCH HOF baseball career.

Can't go wrong with either player. I think Maile gets the edge because of hype he created through his amazing high school career. Good luck in the future to both young men!

I begged for a Tri-POY award from the middle of the season to just near the end when I said I could live with a Co-POY award but how do you separate the three as they played off and for each other so well.

 

Maile never see's the few pitches he did if Darner and Isler didn't hit so well behind him, and would Isler have had the record he did without Maile and Darner hitting as they did and Darner he got his chances because of Maile and Isler.

 

I am in a bad spot as I like, respect, and admire all three young men and consider them and their families friends and I personally couldn't/won't pick one over the other this year.

 

IMVVHO Darner, Isler and Maile were indeed Tri-Players of the year, no matter what anyone else say's.

I thought he was 12-0? I could be dead wrong though. I agree, maybe he and Luke could have been Co-POY. Hard to not vote for one of them.

I thought he was 12-0? I could be dead wrong though. I agree, maybe he and Luke could have been Co-POY. Hard to not vote for one of them.

 

 

Isler was indeed 12-0

 

Highlands, Newport Central Catholic, Ryle, Dixie, Conner, Isler, Holy Cross, Boyd County, Beechwood, Isler, Beechwood, and Newport Central Catholic.

Isler was indeed 12-0

 

Highlands, Newport Central Catholic, Ryle, Dixie, Conner, Isler, Holy Cross, Boyd County, Beechwood, Isler, Beechwood, and Newport Central Catholic.

 

Wow quite impressive to have beaten himself twice:lol:. Jk. I know one of those was LCA. Not sure about the other one.

Wow quite impressive to have beaten himself twice:lol:. Jk. I know one of those was LCA. Not sure about the other one.

 

 

Duh....My bad....

 

 

Lexington Christian, and Ryle were the games not listed.

I believe everyone on here knows how I feel about the choice... Maile is no doubt a terrific player and has had a unbelievable career, but this year it was Isler who was the hands down POY. My point is that if you remove Isler from this team you lose the shut down dominant pitching, plus his way better than average hitting performance, plus his top notch play at 1st base, so CovCath would have had no where near the record they had this year. If you remove Maile you lose one of the top hitters in the state and as well as catcher. The difference is the pitching part...you can't replace Isler! Isler was the top player in two positions in the region this year, pitcher and 1st, and one of the top hitters and that= POY.

I believe everyone on here knows how I feel about the choice... Maile is no doubt a terrific player and has had a unbelievable career, but this year it was Isler who was the hands down POY. My point is that if you remove Isler from this team you lose the shut down dominant pitching, plus his way better than average hitting performance, plus his top notch play at 1st base, so CovCath would have had no where near the record they had this year. If you remove Maile you lose one of the top hitters in the state and as well as catcher. The difference is the pitching part...you can't replace Isler! Isler was the top player in two positions in the region this year, pitcher and 1st, and one of the top hitters and that= POY.

 

I agree, based on pure stats for this year, Isler should have been the hands down winner!

I agree, based on pure stats for this year, Isler should have been the hands down winner!

 

Isler did not receive award because this would hurt Luke's chance to be Mr. Baseball in Ky. Just my opinion. Anybody else?

If that's the case, it's dead wrong. I would vote for Isler. He was as dominant a pitcher as I've seen in the last couple of years. Just MO.

Isler did not receive award because this would hurt Luke's chance to be Mr. Baseball in Ky. Just my opinion. Anybody else?

 

No way....:rolleyes:

I believe everyone on here knows how I feel about the choice... Maile is no doubt a terrific player and has had a unbelievable career, but this year it was Isler who was the hands down POY. My point is that if you remove Isler from this team you lose the shut down dominant pitching, plus his way better than average hitting performance, plus his top notch play at 1st base, so CovCath would have had no where near the record they had this year. If you remove Maile you lose one of the top hitters in the state and as well as catcher. The difference is the pitching part...you can't replace Isler! Isler was the top player in two positions in the region this year, pitcher and 1st, and one of the top hitters and that= POY.

 

:thumb: Agree. Isler was POY this year. And the excuses about what pitches Maile does or doesn't see are pointless. It is what it is. POY is an offensive stat-based (or pitching stat-based) award and you simply can't complain that someone doesn't get good enough pitches to see or that others around him get better pitches because of him. Just part of baseball. Blame it on the pitchers, blame it on the other coaches, blame it on Maile's good eye, blame it on the umpires, blame it on the other hitters around him, blame it on whatever you want. Isler had an incredible season that was deserving of POY.

Isler did not receive award because this would hurt Luke's chance to be Mr. Baseball in Ky. Just my opinion. Anybody else?

 

Maybe. Maybe not. I do think his name and reputation had a lot to do with it though. He had a very, very good season, but Isler's was better.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.