Jared Prickett is the new manager of the KBA

SHS Future

Prickett has worked, successfully, in real estate development in the Ashland area for awhile. Bridges Magazine did a story on him a year or so ago. I did not know he had moved back to Lexington though. But he was successful in business and you know...he also played basketball at the Division 1 level and was very good at it. I'd say he was more than qualified for the position.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth is, you really dont know what his qualifications are, as evidenced in post #4

I don't. I'm just making a larger point.

Maybe he has relevant experience in this field. If so, it would be a step up from some of the jobs we see former UK players get handed to them.

Maybe he has relevant experience in this field. If so, it would be a step up from some of the jobs we see former UK players get handed to them.

Yeah I think its awful that a guy goes to UK and plays basketball and gets a college education gets a good job. :lol:

Like with a lot of jobs people get hired because of connections. Do you think the same criticism can be placed on people who hand jobs to former Louisville players?

Yeah I think its awful that a guy goes to UK and plays basketball and gets a college education gets a good job. :lol:

Like with a lot of jobs people get hired because of connections. Do you think the same criticism can be placed on people who hand jobs to former Louisville players?

If they're not qualified for it, yes, I have a problem with it. "Ex-player" is not a qualification, but it sure seems to be the most important one in this state.

If they're not qualified for it, yes, I have a problem with it. "Ex-player" is not a qualification, but it sure seems to be the most important one in this state.
Really, you want to argue this point?

Being well connected or riding your name to a job seems to be the most important factor in hiring for 99% of jobs in the world, not just jobs in the Bluegrass.

Someone getting hired for a job that is not qualified... I am sure no person has ever heard of that outside of KY.

Really, you want to argue this point?

Being well connected or riding your name to a job seems to be the most important factor in hiring for 99% of jobs in the world, not just jobs in the Bluegrass.

Someone getting hired for a job that is not qualified... I am sure no person has ever heard of that outside of KY.

:thumb: Yeah the anti-Ky goggles has fogged up a bit I believe.

Don't you think that you would have more of an argument if they had made him manager or say, a bank or a hospital or something? I mean the place is a basketball academy where the focus is on developing young players by providing a place for leagues, tourneys lessons etc. Since he played Division-I basketball I would say he experienced a lot of places like the KBA growing up. Plus, with his UK connections I would think it would be easier for him to get access to others with knowledge of basketball in general and AAU organization etc. It has already been pointed out that he's got a degree and has been successful in business before so what is your problem? If you were hiring someone for a basketball academy wouldn't you want them to have an extensive background in, say maybe basektball? :ohbrother:

Don't you think that you would have more of an argument if they had made him manager or say, a bank or a hospital or something? I mean the place is a basketball academy where the focus is on developing young players by providing a place for leagues, tourneys lessons etc. Since he played Division-I basketball I would say he experienced a lot of places like the KBA growing up. Plus, with his UK connections I would think it would be easier for him to get access to others with knowledge of basketball in general and AAU organization etc. It has already been pointed out that he's got a degree and has been successful in business before so what is your problem? If you were hiring someone for a basketball academy wouldn't you want them to have an extensive background in, say maybe basektball? :ohbrother:

:thumb: Agree with you on this, seems like a perfect hire to me, an English major who has never been in a gym would be an odd hire for this job, not a former D1 basketball player.

I only pointed this out because it's the latest example in a long line.

How about Ag Commissioner? Not a lot of farming going on in Clay Co.