What Happened to the Student Support

It was good the entire week for both boys and girls. Each night they had a different theme.

I was at the girls game last night in the 10th region tourney and I will admit they had alot of student support. Although there were alot of students there was hardly any noise. Good physical support but not any vocal.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEA, Elliott finally had a student pep section last night at the girls game in Morehead. They were great, cheered and chanted the whole game. Mostly it was the boys ball team there to support the girls. Hope to see more student sections at the upcoming girls and boys games.:clap::clap:

I have noticed lower attendance at regular season games. I wish more schools would either let the kids in free or charge them $1. It would create a MUCH better environment for ball games.

When I was in school, I remember nearly the entire football team would be there at most basketball games to support our friends and teammates. I don't remember having to pay to get in, but I could just be getting old and losing my mind. But I do remember having a great time at those games.

I understood that schools were being sent tickets...for the band, cheerleaders and players....everyone needed a ticket, but these particular students HAVE to be in uniform with the tickets they are issued.

Overall, I'm not hearing great things about how the center is handling this tournament...but that's another blog going.

Just awful tonite at the BOKC. Boone had no students at all. Highlands had 3 that stood and cheered. Beechwood's was OK and St Henry's was best of the night. Also heard we will hear no pep bands, unless each memeber pays the 8 admission. Thats a joke.

Malachicrunch,

What's up with the Highland's student fans? I counted about 35 at the game sitting up pretty high in the student area and acting very dis-interested plus the 3 that you mentioned. Is there very little support because there are no seniors on the team? If I were a basketball player who supported the very successful football program I'd be a little disappointed about the reciprocal support.

Malachicrunch,

What's up with the Highland's student fans? I counted about 35 at the game sitting up pretty high in the student area and acting very dis-interested plus the 3 that you mentioned. Is there very little support because there are no seniors on the team? If I were a basketball player who supported the very successful football program I'd be a little disappointed about the reciprocal support.

That always irked me. The student support for football season at CovCath was just pathetic this year, and basketball was much better, I think in large part to the football players making an effort to make it out to games, despite the dismal season. From what I heard the football players showed up because they knew how bad it felt when there was no one there for them, on their senior day, or their playoff game etc..

I was disappointed there weren't more Nelson Co. students at tonight's 5th Region game. They've been pretty good about showing out most of the season, but had only a small but vocal group there tonight.

Taylor County's students, however, came out in full force.

I think that for students (and many oldsters) the $8 admission price is a deterrent, regardless of how many games you are getting to see, and how comfortable the seats are. The other negative is that tickets are not being sold on-site at the participating team's high school. We seem to be putting an exuse in place for students/fans not to attend. Our (Brossart) students will turn out en masse given a fair shake and a reasonable deal, but I also remember playing in the Cintas Center, The Shoe, and even Regents Hall, where premium (or perceived to be premium) prices were charged, and only the most passionate students showed up.

Share money seems to have driven the cost of the admission this year at the BOKC. While it is lucrative for the region or participating schools it does not equate to large fan-friendly crowds.

I would suggest (probably wishful thinking) that in the future, ticket prices be reduced to $5 per session and then following the completion of the tournament count up the profits and THEN establish share money. I think the organizers might be pleasantly surprised with the result.