Newport Central Catholic 76 Highlands 54

No talk from the Highlands faithful. All thats right there was no one there except for parents of the players. Sounds like it was much like the girls game last night. One team wants it way more than the other. This whole school system would rather focus on the arts than its school teams. This started with football and continued through basketball season. Absolutely no school spirit whatsoever.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the New Cath locker room at halftime of this game! It must have been inspirational because those boys came out shooting! I wanted my Highlands boys to win, but the New Cath kids wanted THIS! What a great group of kids they ALL are. Celebrating is a lifetime of memories and losing is learning. Grant! Wow! Shawn Meyer... Great Job! Jeramie Conner ..Congratulations! Could you guys have missed a 3?Highlands boys,,,what a TEAM! For a team of juniors, you guys are AWESOME! Let's move on to Rupp!

Highlands isn't making it to Rupp.

Breds scored almost 30 points in the third quarter. Grant Pangallo was fantastic tonight with the drive and dish while also scoring 17 or 19 himself. He might be my favorite player to watch play in the region. Connor had 18 I believe and was lights out in the second half.

How come the 36th doesn't have a tournament MVP?

How about Meyer, Connor, Pangallo 36th district MVP's:dancingpa

What a show!!!!!!

Connor 5-9 from the arc finished with 19

Pangallo 17 pts. 14 yes 14 assists

Meyer 17 pts 11 rebounds!!!!!

Congratulations on a great team effort!!!

How about Meyer, Connor, Pangallo 36th district MVP's:dancingpa

What a show!!!!!!

Connor 5-9 from the arc finished with 19

Pangallo 17 pts. 14 yes 14 assists

Meyer 17 pts 11 rebounds!!!!!

Congratulations on a great team effort!!!

Well if I had to pick an MVP I think I'd have to give it to GP. However, it just struck me as odd that they didn't have an MVP. They did an all-tournament team but no MVP.

No talk from the Highlands faithful. All thats right there was no one there except for parents of the players. Sounds like it was much like the girls game last night. One team wants it way more than the other. This whole school system would rather focus on the arts than its school teams. This started with football and continued through basketball season. Absolutely no school spirit whatsoever.

How do you figure? Were you at the game? Highlands student support has been lousy this season, but they had a pretty good crowd on hand tonight and they were loud in the first half while it was still a game. The 27 that NCC hung on them in the third did kind of take the student body out of it a little bit, but being down by around 20+ points will do that to you.

I am still seeing double from last night but this was the first thread I read and I am in shock. This is very disappointing for Highlands but not the end of the world.

This is still Holmes' Region to lose.

I'll admit I don't attend many of the boys games, but I was impressed last night with the HHS fan support. The student section was crowded and loud. I even ran into several parents of former students. Unfortunately in the second half there wasn't much to cheer about. NCC played great and took the game over in the second half. I thought HHS really lacked floor leadership. I kept waiting for someone to step up, but it never happened.