Cancelling school due to cold

jahearme

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2-hour delay in Mason County today. At least the sun is out while the kids are waiting on the buses.

And maybe it's just me, but Mason County must have more kids driven to school by their parents than practically anywhere else. The lines to pick kids up in the afternoon at the elementary school and the middle school are HUGE!

CCMS and elementary schools have alot of parents who transport their children as well. My son says his bus is usually only half full to and from school. Sounds like there's an opportunity to reduce costs$$$$$$

I thought I heard on one of the Cincy channel's weather report this morning that exposure for as little as 10 minutes in these conditions could bring on the early stages of frostbite.

I was snowmobiling in Wisconsin last year and I got frostbite on my face. My mask had fallen down a little exposing a triangle of skin beneath the goggle and face mask, it took less than 10 minutes for the skin to blister. Over the next few days the exposed skin died and flaked away and, fortunately, there is no scarring or lasting discoloration.