Cancelling school due to cold

jahearme

Are there any districts out there thinking about this? Is it a good reason to cancel school?

My district is thinking about closing school tomorrow and I think it's a no brainer. There are kids that have to catch the bus as early as 6:00 and it is supposed to be BRUTAL tomorrow morning.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any districts out there thinking about this? Is it a good reason to cancel school?

My district is thinking about closing school tomorrow and I think it's a no brainer. There are kids that have to catch the bus as early as 6:00 and it is supposed to be BRUTAL tomorrow morning.

Most will be on delays, reason being that the buses will need time to get warmed up.

I wish colleges would consider doing this too. It's supposed to be right around 0 without the wind chill when I'm walking 15 minutes to my first class tomorrow. And I have a cold. I feel like whining is going to make it all better.

Put on a shirt..., never mind, it's just an avatar.

I could not feel my face this morning after walking to a pretty far away class.

I honestly think that if I would have walked the whole way without gloves that I would have gotten frost bite and had at least 8 fingers amputated.

haha 8? Is that your educated medical opinion? I recommend using your pockets bruh.

I could not feel my face this morning after walking to a pretty far away class.

I honestly think that if I would have walked the whole way without gloves that I would have gotten frost bite and had at least 8 fingers amputated.

I thought I heard on one of the Cincy channel's weather report this morning that exposure for as little as 10 minutes in these conditions could bring on the early stages of frostbite.

Our school district cancelled classes today and Friday due to the extreme cold. In mountain counties busses can't always get to the front door of every house. Some kids have to walk a good distance out of hollow roads to catch the bus. When it minus zero, as is predicted tomorrow morning, than can be pretty tough conditions for students.

I thought I heard on one of the Cincy channel's weather report this morning that exposure for as little as 10 minutes in these conditions could bring on the early stages of frostbite.

Yea I stopped feeling my fingers after about 5 minutes and it started to hurt until I remember I had gloves.

And then it took my another 2 minutes to get them on since I couldnt feel my hands.:lol: