2009 North Laurel

Ram

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still never got a response on top returning players and difference makers.

Several key players returning this fall.

Adrian Wardrup (SR - RB/QB), Trent Prewitt (SR - OL/DL), Johnny Ray Fugate (JR - QB), Raymond Shears (SR - WR/S) among others will be key for Coach Larkey's first North Laurel squad. Wardup started the year at QB, where he has started since his frosh season, but was moved the RB during the season. This turned out to be a great move as he went over 1,000 yards rushing. The last Jag to do this was Nik Blair in 2003 & 2004. Fugate took over at QB and really showed vast improvement from game to game. Prewitt can be a force in the trenches. Shears not only was one of the leading receivers, but also led the team in interceptions at safety.

I was really on the fence about that game. Depends on what kind of QB SL can come up with??????

The story is that South is going to try and run the ball more this fall. With the loss of Bowling, they will need to. They have some good backs and I am sure some of the OL would much rather fire out and run block a little more. It will be interesting to see what they do with Bowling graduating. I know that Hayes the OC LOVES to throw the ball. I think the younger Cobb is slated to be the new QB and he is a good athlete.

So you all are saying they have no shot against Pulaski, Knox, Corbin, Harlan, Letcher, or Whitley?

Does North not have the players to matchup or what?

I think North can match up with Letcher and Harlan pretty well, especially Letcher with the graduation of Banks. I think they can beat Letcher. But PC brings back a lot. Whitley was the one team that honestly just out muscled them this past season. While I think they can match up with Corbin, there seems to be a mental block with the Redhounds that the Jaguars have had trouble getting past. They have played some tremendous quarters and halves against Corbin, but haven't put together 4 quarters that they have to have to beat a team like Corbin. Like I said 5-6 wins would be a target that most NL fans would be happy with, especially with a new first year head coach. There is some solid talent on this team.

Another player I forgot to mention earlier was Gus Sulfridge. When he can learn to control his emotions and keep it between the whistles, he can be a big time playmaker on the defensive side of the ball.