Class System in KY Baseball?

Clyde

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is already an All "A" Tournament for small schools. Are we suggesting that there be a division even smaller than that? Then do we get rid of the existing All "A"?

Not everyone is going to get a trophy, nor should they. There is plenty of value in setting lofty but reasonable goals. For some schools, a state championship is it. In others, it's a regional title, or just qualifying for the regional tourney. 64 teams make regional tournaments; 16 win them; 8 play at Applebee's; everyone competes in the district tournament. The system is not perfect, but there are plenty of opportunities for success, even if that does not mean a state title.

Why do you think the All A tournaments have been started in baseball and basketball? It's simply because people know that the smaller schools in most cases are at large disadvantages against the larger schools. Seems like a sort of silly run around fix to me. Heck, why don't we have one class for all sports and have these unofficial All A tournaments in each sport, including football? The fact that there are All A tournaments is de facto proof that there should be classes.

In the ninth at least, Beechwood would dominate the A class so where is the difference than what there is today? NCC would dominate the AA class, so again where is the difference? We have six divisions in football but we still have the same teams winning, so why break up a good thing in baseball, when nothing will really change.

In the ninth at least, Beechwood would dominate the A class so where is the difference than what there is today? NCC would dominate the AA class, so again where is the difference? We have six divisions in football but we still have the same teams winning, so why break up a good thing in baseball, when nothing will really change.

Perhaps offer teams that want to do so the opportunity to play up. I'm sure Dayton, Villa, Ludlow, Walton, Heritage and many others might like the compete for a championship against teams in their own "market."

That's true to an extent. There are still good A and AA ball clubs that would make a run. LCA I believe falls in one of the two and the State Champion PRP I believe is a low class. I think one Champion makes more sense when it comes to baseball.

If there are only 2 or 3 classes its highly likely that NCC and BW would be in the same class.

I agree with those that say this would build interest at many schools. Winning breeds excitement and nothing gets kids more excited than a trophy in the case.

The All A doesn't quite do it for most. If the rest of the state doesn't respect it (and they don't) then the kids aren't as excited.