Pittsburgh 35 San Diego 24

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chargers had a decent first half, but had the coverage breakdown on the punt, too many offensive penalties, and let Big Ben make the long throw to set up the TD juust before the half.

3rd quarter, defense allows the long drive for the TD coming out of the locker room, they get the long return from Sproles, and then on the first play, give up the tipped ball and the non-interception. Huge. Then force the punt, only to have it bounce off the guys head. At that point, you know the football gods aint with you.

By the time its 28-10, you are in hurry up offensive mode. I thought Rivers had a nice fourth quarter, but San Diego had no pass rush and gave too much on the run. All in all, I still think they handled a ferocious pass rush reasonably well.

In the offseason, they need a blue chip right tackle, and at least 2-3 more playmakers at linebacker and defensive line. Getting Merriman back should help, too.

A new coach would help more than anything...:D

The Chargers are more than OK when it comes to talent on the roster...its just a matter of actually staying healthy.

You just gotta have Lady Luck on your side at the right time to win the Super Bowl in today's NFL. So, there's really no reason to let the disappointment of getting beat out of the tournament stay with you too long. Try it again next year and see what happens.

A new coach would help more than anything...:D

The Chargers are more than OK when it comes to talent on the roster...its just a matter of actually staying healthy.

You just gotta have Lady Luck on your side at the right time to win the Super Bowl in today's NFL. So, there's really no reason to let the disappointment of getting beat out of the tournament stay with you too long. Try it again next year and see what happens.

Couldn't agree more.:thumb:

Chargers were one of the last 8 teams standing. That done without their best offensive player and their best defensive player. That's saying something, IMO.

Couldn't agree more.:thumb:

Chargers were one of the last 8 teams standing. That done without their best offensive player and their best defensive player. That's saying something, IMO.

I just had to get over my Saturday night rage to come to that conclusion. :lol:

Being the top seed, getting a bye and home-field is important, but its not the most important thing when it comes to winning a Super Bowl. Playing well at the right time and who gets those few lucky breaks/bounces at key times is what determines the Super Bowl winner.

All you can ask of your team is to give it their best and let the chips fall where they may...

I am really disappointed in Antonio Cromartie. He was so awesome last year and could be such a talent, but he just sucked all year long.

The norm for deep playoff runs seems to be dominant defenses (Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, New York) or it least pretty good ones (Philadelphia, Indianapolis). Arizona is playing over their heads, but defense calls the shots these days.

Either San Diego needs to find a pass rush and some linebackers who become dominant, or their offense needs to be incredible, not just good. Right now I'd get rid of Olshansky and Wilhelm, and at least find a superlative sub for Castillo. I'm OK with Williams, Merriman, Phillips, and Stephen Cooper.

Chargers had a decent first half, but had the coverage breakdown on the punt, too many offensive penalties, and let Big Ben make the long throw to set up the TD juust before the half.

3rd quarter, defense allows the long drive for the TD coming out of the locker room, they get the long return from Sproles, and then on the first play, give up the tipped ball and the non-interception. Huge. Then force the punt, only to have it bounce off the guys head. At that point, you know the football gods aint with you.

By the time its 28-10, you are in hurry up offensive mode. I thought Rivers had a nice fourth quarter, but San Diego had no pass rush and gave too much on the run. All in all, I still think they handled a ferocious pass rush reasonably well.

In the offseason, they need a blue chip right tackle, and at least 2-3 more playmakers at linebacker and defensive line. Getting Merriman back should help, too.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Non Interception? Were you watching the same game as me because Larry Foote caught it and the Steelers got the ball.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Non Interception? Were you watching the same game as me because Larry Foote caught it and the Steelers got the ball.

You can roll eyes all you want to, but his "hands separated from the ball" just as much as Jackson's did in the early 4th quarter, and even some ESPN people and several Steeler fans I've talked to said they thought it bounced.

I will concede the accuracy of your statement about the Steelers getting the ball.

You can roll eyes all you want to, but his "hands separated from the ball" just as much as Jackson's did in the early 4th quarter, and even some ESPN people and several Steeler fans I've talked to said they thought it bounced.

I will concede the accuracy of your statement about the Steelers getting the ball.

You could see his hands separate but the White hat couldnt?:lol::lol: Come on now

They replayed it on the NFL network and you can't see the ball touch the ground. I am not saying it didn't, I am just saying that on video you can't tell.

And I agree with that. I can see how someone watching the replay could see it as hitting the ground though. To say that because the refs said it didn't means it didn't like was implied is just wrong. They make a ton of mistakes.