Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 70 Vanderbilt 60

Featured Replies

Not against teams that they're playing now. He's not quick enough. Scrappy doesn't cut it if you can't keep up.

 

I'm not buying it. He was playing against very quick players in the other games, as well.

 

You don't have to be fast and athletic if Bill Mike Runyon taught you how to properly move your feet on defense :thumb:

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not against teams that they're playing now. He's not quick enough. Scrappy doesn't cut it if you can't keep up.

 

When has he proven he can't keep up?

Who did Vandy have that was going to blow by him?

I'm not buying it. He was playing against very quick players in the other games, as well.

 

You don't have to be fast and athletic if Bill Mike Runyon taught you how to properly move your feet on defense :thumb:

 

 

Right. How'd that work out for Todd Tackett?

When has he proven he can't keep up?

Who did Vandy have that was going to blow by him?

 

Every day in practice or he'd be getting minutes.

Right. How'd that work out for Todd Tackett?

 

That's comparing apples and oranges, my man. Two different players.

I'm not buying it. He was playing against very quick players in the other games, as well.

 

You don't have to be fast and athletic if Bill Mike Runyon taught you how to properly move your feet on defense :thumb:

 

:thumb: I (like many other UK fans) refuse to drink the Kool-aid any longer, this team has too much talent to not do good things this year...

That's comparing apples and oranges, my man. Two different players.

 

What? Did BMR not teach TT?

What? Did BMR not teach TT?

 

Slone is a better player than Tackett. Tackett thought he was good enough - Slone works hard to be good enough. That's two very different approaches to the game.

:thumb: I (like many other UK fans) refuse to drink the Kool-aid any longer, this team has too much talent to not do good things this year...

 

Completely disagree. Only two scoring options with no strong PG who can penetrate and create shots for others. Not enough quickness defensively on the perimeter. Weak at the 3.

 

If this was a strong year for the SEC they would be lucky to finish 8-8.

 

And when you tout a walk-on with no D1 offers as someone who should be getting minutes you prove the point even more.

Every day in practice or he'd be getting minutes.

 

I don't buy that. If he really wanted minutes I guess he could refuse to go in when called on or show interest in transferring, that has shown to be an effective way in getting more minutes...

Slone is a better player than Tackett. Tackett thought he was good enough - Slone works hard to be good enough. That's two very different approaches to the game.

 

I have zero doubt that Slone works extremely hard. Otherwise, he would not be a walk-on. However, he's a walk-on for a reason and hasn't proven otherwise.

I don't buy that. If he really wanted minutes I guess he could refuse to go in when called on or show interest in transferring, that has shown to be an effective way in getting more minutes...

 

Once again, you prove my point.

 

Even though he loves the university as much if not more than any other player and will run through a wall, he doesn't have enough talent to bypass a kid who doesn't think straight and makes poor decisions.

Completely disagree. Only two scoring options with no strong PG who can penetrate and create shots for others. Not enough quickness defensively on the perimeter. Weak at the 3.

 

If this was a strong year for the SEC they would be lucky to finish 8-8.

 

And when you tout a walk-on with no D1 offers as someone who should be getting minutes you prove the point even more.

 

Like I said before many teams have done a lot more with a lot less.

PG is the only spot were hurting at and some of that pain is self inflicted.

Completely disagree. Only two scoring options with no strong PG who can penetrate and create shots for others. Not enough quickness defensively on the perimeter. Weak at the 3.

 

If this was a strong year for the SEC they would be lucky to finish 8-8.

 

And when you tout a walk-on with no D1 offers as someone who should be getting minutes you prove the point even more.

 

 

This team has enough talent to play with anyone in the country. By the end of this season, I guarantee teams will not want to face the Cats in the tourney.

Completely disagree. Only two scoring options with no strong PG who can penetrate and create shots for others. Not enough quickness defensively on the perimeter. Weak at the 3.

 

If this was a strong year for the SEC they would be lucky to finish 8-8.

 

And when you tout a walk-on with no D1 offers as someone who should be getting minutes you prove the point even more.

 

I have enjoyed watching him play this season. I figured this would be about the point I wouldn't get to see much of it anymore. If some of our young athletes develop quickly I think we could improve greatly. That being said, I totally agree with your post.:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.