Kentucky 70 Vanderbilt 60

bigblueinsanity

Not against teams that they're playing now. He's not quick enough. Scrappy doesn't cut it if you can't keep up.

I'm not buying it. He was playing against very quick players in the other games, as well.

You don't have to be fast and athletic if Bill Mike Runyon taught you how to properly move your feet on defense :thumb:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not buying it. He was playing against very quick players in the other games, as well.

You don't have to be fast and athletic if Bill Mike Runyon taught you how to properly move your feet on defense :thumb:

Right. How'd that work out for Todd Tackett?

:thumb: I (like many other UK fans) refuse to drink the Kool-aid any longer, this team has too much talent to not do good things this year...

:thumb: I (like many other UK fans) refuse to drink the Kool-aid any longer, this team has too much talent to not do good things this year...

Completely disagree. Only two scoring options with no strong PG who can penetrate and create shots for others. Not enough quickness defensively on the perimeter. Weak at the 3.

If this was a strong year for the SEC they would be lucky to finish 8-8.

And when you tout a walk-on with no D1 offers as someone who should be getting minutes you prove the point even more.

Slone is a better player than Tackett. Tackett thought he was good enough - Slone works hard to be good enough. That's two very different approaches to the game.

I have zero doubt that Slone works extremely hard. Otherwise, he would not be a walk-on. However, he's a walk-on for a reason and hasn't proven otherwise.

I don't buy that. If he really wanted minutes I guess he could refuse to go in when called on or show interest in transferring, that has shown to be an effective way in getting more minutes...

Once again, you prove my point.

Even though he loves the university as much if not more than any other player and will run through a wall, he doesn't have enough talent to bypass a kid who doesn't think straight and makes poor decisions.

Completely disagree. Only two scoring options with no strong PG who can penetrate and create shots for others. Not enough quickness defensively on the perimeter. Weak at the 3.

And when you tout a walk-on with no D1 offers as someone who should be getting minutes you prove the point even more.

Like I said before many teams have done a lot more with a lot less.

PG is the only spot were hurting at and some of that pain is self inflicted.

This team has enough talent to play with anyone in the country. By the end of this season, I guarantee teams will not want to face the Cats in the tourney.

I have enjoyed watching him play this season. I figured this would be about the point I wouldn't get to see much of it anymore. If some of our young athletes develop quickly I think we could improve greatly. That being said, I totally agree with your post.:thumb: