Kentucky 70 Vanderbilt 60

bigblueinsanity

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The announcers were discussing, during the game but whom does everyone think, will be the 3rd/4th scoring option.

Being consistent, would make the defenses have to play them and not allow, so much Zone or double-teaming, for Patterson or Meeks.

The only two that I can see as developing into a consistent third scorer this season would be Liggins or Miller. Liggins has the potential of doing so primarily taking it to the glass with some isolation sets put in. He hasn't shown any consistency on making good decisions thus far, however. Miller, in my opinion has the capability of scoring in a variety of ways, which is sometimes a curse for a freshman (too many decisions instead of getting in the flow). Harrelson could be against certain teams, but is struggling in too many other aspects. If Liggins or Miller cant step it up offensively, I believe we will just have to live and hope it will be there by committee.

Slone is a better player than Tackett. Tackett thought he was good enough - Slone works hard to be good enough. That's two very different approaches to the game.

I'm very familiar with 15th region basketball, and this post could not be farther from the truth...

This team should be so much better than they are. Another ugly game. If Ogilvy plays for Vandy I think they win. UK looked terrible.

How do you get that?? I mean, I know Ogilvy is a good player and all, but with him in the game Vandy doesn't hit 4 straight threes to open the game, Patterson doesn't get doubled as much, and Vandy would have lost some athletecism on offense and defense. I think you are forgetting the fact that we were up by 20 at one point in the second half also. You guys crack me up when you say a team looks terrible when they beat a quality NCAA tourny team by 10.

Miller 0/4 From the Field 5 Reb though

Liggins 0/5 From the Field 6 Reb though

If these guys can play good D and rebound their shots will come.

I'll take Good D and rebounding when we have PP and Meeks scoring.

Harris played very well today.

And I still love AJ's energy.

Miller had two shots go in and out. He did what they need him to do. Defend and rebound. Once the shot starts falling he will be on his way. I think Miller is going to be a stud by the time he is done.

Liggins's shot has hit the skids...however, after he got yanked early for poor decisions, he was put back in and responded.

Still a lot of question marks behind the scenes.

BCG has always shortened his bench come league play. That is something he believes in. I think you will see a rotation of 9 players and foul trouble may cause him to go deeper.

I just don't get it...

I don't get why Slone hasn't seen the court in 2 games, even though he provided a spark in all the games he played.

I don't get why a kid like Galloway hasn't seen the court even though he has shown to have more upside than many of the players getting a lot more PT than him.

I don't get why a coach that was supposed to be so great at defense gives up wide open 3's all night long.

I don't get why we have two of the best players in the country in Meeks and Patterson and don't have a better team than we do, a lot of teams do more with less.

I don't get why people are suddenly thinking that just because Porter doesn't turn the ball over that he is what we need on the floor, UK needs a point guard that doesn't just rotate the ball from side to side. UK needs a PG that can hit a shot at the top of the key or drive the lane and dish if need be, Porter is not the answer those that believe he is will see soon enough.

I guess many are wondering why so down following a win? Well I seen enough in this game to show me the Cats aren’t where they need to be and it will show against better teams, I say the Cats lose 4 games in the SEC if they don't show drastic improvement soon...

Porter knows exactly what he needs to do...when running the hi-lo the key in that offense is ball reversal. He knows where others are and should be. I would like for him to take that shot at the key and he is going to have to take it.

Slone is a nice player and was put in situations where he could excel. SEC play is not a time to experiment...a spot shot is all we can expect from him.

Galloway took forever to pick up the system from day 1. He really really struggled. I think BCG had high expectations for him and he didnt get it done in practice. He is not a scoring threat...he will see some time but practice will dictate it.

:thumb: Slone has yet to show he can't play against quality opponents, until he does I don't buy him setting when a guy like Harris is out there playing timid and careless and Porter does little more than rotate the ball from left to right and is no threat to score…

Porter has played well.

Slone is what he is...practice player spot shot on court.

Ramon Harris may be the best on ball defender they have. Very very good defender. His injuries have set him back. He missed a bunch of their four hour practice sessions over the break and it set him back condition wise.

Harris knows his role and he is the leader on this team believe it or not.

:thumb: I (like many other UK fans) refuse to drink the Kool-aid any longer, this team has too much talent to not do good things this year...

I don't see all of this talent. Two scoring options. They lack a big time 3 man who can score and create own shots. Need others to nickel and dime to pick up slack.

This team should be so much better than they are. Another ugly game. If Ogilvy plays for Vandy I think they win. UK looked terrible.

Oglivy would have changed dynamics...sure...would it have been a win for Vandy...who knows. They may not have doubled the post with him, they may have not milked clock on offense...

How do you get that?? I mean, I know Ogilvy is a good player and all, but with him in the game Vandy doesn't hit 4 straight threes to open the game, Patterson doesn't get doubled as much, and Vandy would have lost some athletecism on offense and defense. I think you are forgetting the fact that we were up by 20 at one point in the second half also. You guys crack me up when you say a team looks terrible when they beat a quality NCAA tourny team by 10.

Vandy isn't a quality NCAA tourny team this year. Not even close.

In my opinion, BCG has a delicate ego that takes exception to anyone questioning why and when he does certain things. He even sometimes seems to be passive-aggressive in some of his actions. Case-in-Point: I don't think he would have started Mark Coury every game if fans/media did not continually question this. Perhaps better things will happen in the program when the questions stop and he can let us know that things like starting Galloway at point and getting more minutes from Slone (how do you know he can't play D against an SEC team if he's sitting on the bench) were his idea. Just my opinion but I think our current coach is very thin-skinned and can't believe that anyone would have the audacity to question why he does things