Kentucky 70 Vanderbilt 60

bigblueinsanity

I just don't get it...

I don't get why Slone hasn't seen the court in 2 games, even though he provided a spark in all the games he played.

I don't get why a kid like Galloway hasn't seen the court even though he has shown to have more upside than many of the players getting a lot more PT than him.

I don't get why a coach that was supposed to be so great at defense gives up wide open 3's all night long.

I don't get why we have two of the best players in the country in Meeks and Patterson and don't have a better team than we do, a lot of teams do more with less.

I don't get why people are suddenly thinking that just because Porter doesn't turn the ball over that he is what we need on the floor, UK needs a point guard that doesn't just rotate the ball from side to side. UK needs a PG that can hit a shot at the top of the key or drive the lane and dish if need be, Porter is not the answer those that believe he is will see soon enough.

I guess many are wondering why so down following a win? Well I seen enough in this game to show me the Cats aren’t where they need to be and it will show against better teams, I say the Cats lose 4 games in the SEC if they don't show drastic improvement soon...

12-4 will win the conference this year...I'll take it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get it...

I don't get why Slone hasn't seen the court in 2 games, even though he provided a spark in all the games he played.

I don't get why a kid like Galloway hasn't seen the court even though he has shown to have more upside than many of the players getting a lot more PT than him.

I don't get why a coach that was supposed to be so great at defense gives up wide open 3's all night long.

I don't get why we have two of the best players in the country in Meeks and Patterson and don't have a better team than we do, a lot of teams do more with less.

I don't get why people are suddenly thinking that just because Porter doesn't turn the ball over that he is what we need on the floor, UK needs a point guard that doesn't just rotate the ball from side to side. UK needs a PG that can hit a shot at the top of the key or drive the lane and dish if need be, Porter is not the answer those that believe he is will see soon enough.

I guess many are wondering why so down following a win? Well I seen enough in this game to show me the Cats aren’t where they need to be and it will show against better teams, I say the Cats lose 4 games in the SEC if they don't show drastic improvement soon...

I can understand some of your frustration, but not all of it. I am also frustrated about Galloway and I'm not sure what is going on with Slone. I think the Cats are an excellent defensive team. They slacked off with about 2:00 minutes remaining today, but they still only gave up 60 points. They gave up some open 3's in the first half, but tightened up in the 2nd. I think Porter isn't a great PG, but he is our best PG at this time. He is certainly better than Liggins at this point. He is a player that is great if we get some contribution from him but even better if he doesn't manage to hurt the team. Meeks and Patterson are both fine. I think the Cats will be 14-2 in the SEC, but 12-4 would be a very good season and leave us at 23-8 heading into the SEC tourney. That would possibly make us anywhere from 26-8 to 24-9 heading into the NCAA tourney. I could live with that.

I was at the game and was beyond frustrated at some of the things that went on. There has to be some weird stuff going on in practice or behind closed doors that would explain why BCG plays who he plays. It just doesn't make any sense.

Kind of my thoughts, as well. Something just isn't right - which usually means there's more going on than we all know about.

I was at the game and was beyond frustrated at some of the things that went on. There has to be some weird stuff going on in practice or behind closed doors that would explain why BCG plays who he plays. It just doesn't make any sense.

:thumb:

BCG reminds me of that guy at the poker table that slow plays every hand he gets, (pocket aces=check) If you got a good hand play it.

I can't help but think UK's team has all the pieces for a Sweet Sixteen appearance at the minimum, and the way their playing now I don't see that happening...

For those who are hyping Slone look at who he did well against and look now at the type of teams UK is facing or has faced in the last couple of games and you'll see why he's not getting any burn.

He'll make a great practice player. He'll get in games early in the season and in blowouts. He'll get a great education.

He will not be good enough to get minutes.

For those who are hyping Slone look at who he did well against and look now at the type of teams UK is facing or has faced in the last couple of games and you'll see why he's not getting any burn.

He'll make a great practice player. He'll get in games early in the season and in blowouts. He'll get a great education.

He will not be good enough to get minutes.

I agree about Slone but what would it hurt to throw him out there today when they were in that zone. They were barely even guarding Porter up top and it was bogging down everything else.

I agree about Slone but what would it hurt to throw him out there today when they were in that zone. They were barely even guarding Porter up top and it was bogging down everything else.

:thumb: Slone has yet to show he can't play against quality opponents, until he does I don't buy him setting when a guy like Harris is out there playing timid and careless and Porter does little more than rotate the ball from left to right and is no threat to score…