Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Manual

Featured Replies

What does Manual need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manual may have arguably the most difficult schedule any team in KY has ever had. It has been said on this board that Manual is to play Highlands, Trinity, Central, Colerain OH, Male, in addition to district opponents St X and PRP.

 

Has any other team played three of the states champions and a strong "out of state" national power in the same season?

 

The bad news is that they lost a three year starter at QB in Joey Harness and lost a great deal on the skill positions and defensive line. The good news is that probable QB starter Derek Woodmore is a great athlete who showed his ability on the field by being the team's leading receiver last season. Of course that also means that the Crimsons need to find new receivers to catch the ball. Another good sign for the team was that a large number of Juniors and Soph contributed last season on the Varsity level. Given a year of offseason conditioning these younger players should be great position to start the season off strong with plenty of experiance behind them.

Congrats to them again on an outstanding and ambitious schedule. It can only help them:thumb:. Wish them all the best - with the exception of one game.

It's official.

 

Colerain to play Dupont Manual

 

Looking foward to hosting the Crimsons. And equally looking forward to the return trip in 2010.

 

-CardinalsFan

Thanks Cardinals fan for keeping us updated on the game. Again I really look forward to this game, having an opponent at that level really excites the interest in next season. I hope it is well played series.

 

I find it funny in reading the comments to the article that someone wrote Manual isn't on the same level as Male. Perhaps someone should inform him that Manual has beaten Male the last two years.

Manual may have arguably the most difficult schedule any team in KY has ever had. It has been said on this board that Manual is to play Highlands, Trinity, Central, Colerain OH, Male, in addition to district opponents St X and PRP.

 

Has any other team played three of the states champions and a strong "out of state" national power in the same season?

 

The bad news is that they lost a three year starter at QB in Joey Harness and lost a great deal on the skill positions and defensive line. The good news is that probable QB starter Derek Woodmore is a great athlete who showed his ability on the field by being the team's leading receiver last season. Of course that also means that the Crimsons need to find new receivers to catch the ball. Another good sign for the team was that a large number of Juniors and Soph contributed last season on the Varsity level. Given a year of offseason conditioning these younger players should be great position to start the season off strong with plenty of experiance behind them.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Manual and Trinity matchup next year. The Rocks also have a tough schedule with Manual, Bowling Green, Eastern, Ballard, St.X as well as Cincinnati X and Elder away next year. Good luck to the Crimsons next season.

Lots of Louisville vs Ohio games next season. I think St.X has Moeller next season.

Congrats to them again on an outstanding and ambitious schedule. It can only help them:thumb:. Wish them all the best - with the exception of one game.

 

I agree to a certain extent. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Too many games against really great competition can physically and mentally break you down. I, like you, wish them good luck except for one game (just a different game).

With a schedule like that they should be ready come playoff time.

I agree to a certain extent. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Too many games against really great competition can physically and mentally break you down. I, like you, wish them good luck except for one game (just a different game).

Good point, lottoman. :thumb:

 

Remember, we are dealing with high school kids and psyches can be easily rattled if you are constantly put in situations where you are not going to win. I am not saying Manual is in that situation, just a general statement.

I agree to a certain extent. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Too many games against really great competition can physically and mentally break you down. I, like you, wish them good luck except for one game (just a different game).

While it is a bit of a gamble I think it is the right gamble for Manual to take. There is no denying that Manual has advantages over other schools in the state. They school compose of no reside area (other than all of Jefferson Co) completely based on a set of Magnet programs, with a student population that is very success driven. Unlike probably every other school in the area Manual can match, and in many cases exceed, academic success with X and T. Manual is arguably the best suited school to make a challenge to X and T.

 

As it is right now I think the state of local (Louisville) football is in a very particular crossroads. X and T are skyrocketing and the most successful public program to challenge them, Male, is taking a turn in the wrong direction. I don't want to sound like I've already nailed the casket shut on Male, I do think Manual needs to take Male's place. If Manual (or any other public school) cannot challenge X or T I think we will see separation in the next ten years, and I don't see that being good at all.

 

Manual needs to take steps like these to grow the program to BIG level (we don't want to lose any more Bernard Jackson's or Jordan Whitings out of our weight rooms). I believe they need to do it NOW, or it will be to late and there will be no catching X or T. So as we said before it is a gamble and they could quite possibly go 5-5 or worse (I predict 7-3), but I think it is a gamble they have to take.

Lots of Louisville vs Ohio games next season. I think St.X has Moeller next season.

 

Actually, St X has Cincy St X in Louisville next year 3rd game of the year

It's official.

 

Colerain to play Dupont Manual

 

Looking foward to hosting the Crimsons. And equally looking forward to the return trip in 2010.

 

-CardinalsFan

 

Manual is being compared to Boone County a lot... interesting, to say the least.

Manual is being compared to Boone County a lot... interesting, to say the least.

 

Boone Co.? Very interesting.

Manual is being compared to Boone County a lot... interesting, to say the least.
In the last three years Boone Co has gone 25-13, those thirteen losses included Scott Co 3x, Henry Clay 2x, Campbell Co 2x, Madison Cent, Trinity, Cov Cath, Meade Co, Simon Kenton and Owensboro.

 

In the same time period Manual has gone 26-10 those 10 losses from St X 6x, Brentwood Academy (TN), Trinity, Male, and Ballard.

 

I'm of the opinion that Manual would have gone closer to 34-4 with Boone Co's schedule, and Boone Co would be closer to 20-16 with Manual's schedule.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.