2009 Manual

Ram

Been over a month since Alabama Larry commented. What's new with the Rams? Did I hear they won a 7-on-7 tourny, or something? How does the new QB look? What about the defense?

Thoughts/comments/updates greatly appreciated.

-CardinalsFan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been over a month since Alabama Larry commented. What's new with the Rams? Did I hear they won a 7-on-7 tourny, or something? How does the new QB look? What about the defense?

Thoughts/comments/updates greatly appreciated.

-CardinalsFan

I don't have anything new to add. They have proformed well in 7on7's before (winning tournaments) and then not had a terribly successful passing attack when the season came along. I have heard that they run there 7on7's the way they play, meaning out of running formations with a lot of qb roll outs and not simply with drop back passes. I figure this probably gives the 7on7 teams something they don't see to much and have a difficult time defending. This is simply my assumption I haven't seen them this summer.

I'm listening to it now, so I can't give details of the interview, but here is a link to a preseason interview with Coach Nichols.

http://manualfootball.com/

It hit on each position the probable starters and players. It also went through each game on the schedule.

Main points IMO

Linebacker may be the deepest spot

Woodmore may play all over the field and it is very possible we could see as many a three different qbs playing depending on game situations.

The difficulty of the schedule was as much about keeping the season exciting as anything else.

It is functional for me on two different computers. But try typing the web address in if it isn't working for you. A link to the interview is right on the page.
I got it to work; just had to switch to Internet Explorer.

God love AOL...because nobody else does. :rolleyes:

I listened to the entire bit and I don't say this to be mean...but wow! I mean...WOW. I am sure Coach Nichols is a very nice man but he sounded half-asleep and half disinterested in doing the show. I know an hour is a long time but seriously...wow.

He is either in for the shock of his life or he is the best poker player on the planet that no one knows about. I did not get a "warm fuzzy" for the Ram fans after listening to this. It seems that the youth of the team is going to be baptized by fire this season and to heck with W's and L's, he is interested in playing really good teams and getting his squad beat up before districts/regions, whatever you call it in KY, even start.

The first game will really set the tone. If Highlands travels to Louisville and blows them off the field, which at this point I have to believe they will, I can't imagine their trip to Colerain 3 weeks later is going to go any better.

I will be keeping a close eye on Manual and I wish them the very best. I know it's a foreign concept to those south of the Ohio, but every win Manual collects is good news for my Cardinals, assuming we can keep it close and pull out a win ourselves over the Rams.

-CardinalsFan

I listened to the entire bit and I don't say this to be mean...but wow! I mean...WOW. I am sure Coach Nichols is a very nice man but he sounded half-asleep and half disinterested in doing the show. I know an hour is a long time but seriously...wow.

He is either in for the shock of his life or he is the best poker player on the planet that no one knows about. I did not get a "warm fuzzy" for the Ram fans after listening to this. It seems that the youth of the team is going to be baptized by fire this season and to heck with W's and L's, he is interested in playing really good teams and getting his squad beat up before districts/regions, whatever you call it in KY, even start.

The first game will really set the tone. If Highlands travels to Louisville and blows them off the field, which at this point I have to believe they will, I can't imagine their trip to Colerain 3 weeks later is going to go any better.

I will be keeping a close eye on Manual and I wish them the very best. I know it's a foreign concept to those south of the Ohio, but every win Manual collects is good news for my Cardinals, assuming we can keep it close and pull out a win ourselves over the Rams.

-CardinalsFan

I can understand why you would get that impression, especially through this interview. When the whistles start blowing he is however one of the most intense football coaches you can have on the sideline. Also I know during my time playing at Manual when he was the DC he was far and away the biggest film junkie of the coaches. He will know every tendency of every player of every opponent by game time.

Keep in mind that since he has been coach Manual he has pretty much dominated Louisville's public schools and he has become the winningest coach in Manual's history. If Highlands thinks they will roll over Manual after this interview than I would think he has them right where he wants them.

I am sure Coach Nichols is a very nice man but he sounded half-asleep and half disinterested in doing the show. I know an hour is a long time but seriously...wow.
I'm glad someone else thought the same thing. For a while there, I was afraid he was going to slip into a coma. :cool:

I can understand why you would get that impression, especially through this interview. When the whistles start blowing he is however one of the most intense football coaches you can have on the sideline. Also I know during my time playing at Manual when he was the DC he was far and away the biggest film junkie of the coaches. He will know every tendency of every player of every opponent by game time.

Keep in mind that since he has been coach Manual he has pretty much dominated Louisville's public schools and he has become the winningest coach in Manual's history. If Highlands thinks they will roll over Manual after this interview than I would think he has them right where he wants them.[/QUOTE]

You can bet on one thing, Highlands will not be overlooking anyone this year especially their first game when they play Manual. Coach Mueller has a lot of respect for Manual and thinks they are one of the best teams in State.

Keep in mind that since he has been coach Manual he has pretty much dominated Louisville's public schools and he has become the winningest coach in Manual's history. If Highlands thinks they will roll over Manual after this interview than I would think he has them right where he wants them.[/QUOTE]

You can bet on one thing, Highlands will not be overlooking anyone this year especially their first game when they play Manual. Coach Mueller has a lot of respect for Manual and thinks they are one of the best teams in State.

I agree NCBird, Highlands looks past nobody. They will be ready for Manual on the 21st of August and nobody else. Good luck to both teams....

• 2 weeks later...
Did Manual Scrimmage this weekend? Did I miss that thread? How did it go? Ready for the Bluebirds next week?

Thanks!

-CardinalsFan

There was no thread but Manual did scrimmage Ballard. There is a podcast of it on Old Goats. Ballard won 21-3 I believe. Not a good sign for my Crimsons at all, I can't overstate that. While I didn't listen to all of it I heard enough to know that the offense is not gelling very well. Unless they see huge improvement real fast it will be a very ugly start for Manual.