Favorite Gym in your Region

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no place like the fieldhouse!!!

So you agree with Malachicrunch too that Holmes has the best gym in the 9th? :sssh:;)

I agree with him though that Holmes has the best gym in the 9th. Here is a video from last year so you can all see what it looks like, for those who haven't been there:

Video From:

http://wlwt.highschoolplaybook.com/media/ShowMedia.do?mid=097c7001a672b5b0ebd386ae6ba714f9

Henry Co. was OK. We played there when i was in school in front of about 250 people... maybe. With a gym that big, there it may as well have been empty.

During my few seasons in the 8th, the Henry County gymnasium is a very nice atmosphere during tournament time.

During my few seasons in the 8th, the Henry County gymnasium is a very nice atmosphere during tournament time.

Like all HS basketball, the crowds are down a bit. The 8th Region tournament used to be standing room online in that big barn of a building...still pretty sizeable crowds, though (in the region tournament) and there's quite the tradition there.

The Henry County HS gym has hosted the region longer than any other venue in the state has hosted a region tournament...

The 12th Region is pretty sterile, but there are some cool places.

-I really liked Somerset, but haven't been since they remodeled a couple years ago.

-Monticello is really old and interesting, but not great to play in

-Pulaski County is the biggest and very nice. Probably nicer than many college gyms

-Garrard, Boyle, Lincoln, Rockcastle, Southwestern, McCreary, Wayne all seem about the same. Pretty big, but not much character!