Gore: emergency rescue of human civilization needed

It is unbelievable that there are people willing to wreck the global economy based on the analysis of global temperature data by Al Gore and his so-called climate experts. Be sure to read the last two sentences in the excerpt below if you do not read anything else.

Ask yourself if it is not in the interest of countries like China, Russia, and India to fudge temperature records to place more pressure on the US to handicap our economy through misguided attempts to control world temperatures. This may have been an innocent blunder, but it is not the first blunder that has resulted in a large scale recalculation of average global temperatures.

The world has never seen such freezing heat

By Christopher Booker

Last Updated: 12:01am GMT 16/11/2008

A surreal scientific blunder last week raised a huge question mark about the temperature records that underpin the worldwide alarm over global warming. On Monday, Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), which is run by Al Gore's chief scientific ally, Dr James Hansen, and is one of four bodies responsible for monitoring global temperatures, announced that last month was the hottest October on record.

This was startling. Across the world there were reports of unseasonal snow and plummeting temperatures last month, from the American Great Plains to China, and from the Alps to New Zealand. China's official news agency reported that Tibet had suffered its "worst snowstorm ever". In the US, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration registered 63 local snowfall records and 115 lowest-ever temperatures for the month, and ranked it as only the 70th-warmest October in 114 years.

So what explained the anomaly? GISS's computerised temperature maps seemed to show readings across a large part of Russia had been up to 10 degrees higher than normal. But when expert readers of the two leading warming-sceptic blogs, Watts Up With That and Climate Audit, began detailed analysis of the GISS data they made an astonishing discovery. The reason for the freak figures was that scores of temperature records from Russia and elsewhere were not based on October readings at all. Figures from the previous month had simply been carried over and repeated two months running.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, the Pope just declared environmental pollution a cardinal sin.

Welp...not that I didn't already believe that we need to take steps to address global warming. But, now I have a divine compulsion to adress it!

Seriously...what harm is there in working toward a cleaner environment? I'm with UKPat. If I'm wrong, I still win.

Welp...not that I didn't already believe that we need to take steps to address global warming. But, now I have a divine compulsion to adress it!

Seriously...what harm is there in working toward a cleaner environment? I'm with UKPat. If I'm wrong, I still win.

There is no hard in doing certain things to work toward a cleaner environment, especially on a personal level.

However, with many of ridiculous ideas that Gore has for restrictions on polluters, if you are poor, or any type of economic participant, you will lose.

If strict CO2 emissions limits are imposed and man made global warming is a hoax, then a great deal of damage will result. Our standard of living will sharply decline. That means lower wages, higher unemployment, and more misery - especially among the poor. Why do liberals believe that diverting trillions of dollars from other sectors of our economy to fight a problem that may not exist would be better than doing nothing?

Carbon dioxide is an invisible, non-toxic, and odorless gas. If global warming is not occurring or if our production of CO2 is not impacting global temperatures, then CO2 is not a pollutant. This country cannot afford to waste manpower and financial resources fighting a nonexistent problem. There are too many real problems to address without fighting imaginary ones.

If strict CO2 emissions limits are imposed and man made global warming is a hoax, then a great deal of damage will result. Our standard of living will sharply decline. That means lower wages, higher unemployment, and more misery - especially among the poor. Why do liberals believe that diverting trillions of dollars from other sectors of our economy to fight a problem that may not exist would be better than doing nothing?

Carbon dioxide is an invisible, non-toxic, and odorless gas. If global warming is not occurring or if our production of CO2 is not impacting global temperatures, then CO2 is not a pollutant. This country cannot afford to waste manpower and financial resources fighting a nonexistent problem. There are too many real problems to address without fighting imaginary ones.

But if it is real......?

My problems with this:

1. You can't just take one year from one country in the world and disprove global warming.

2. Ski resorts are open because 1) the can artificially make their snow and 2) with the economy, they need to maximize profits by being open earlier.

Why not? Scientists? pick and choose to try to prove global warming.

Working for a cleaner environment is great and only a slob or worse could possibly disagree.

Politicians and pseudo-intellectual elitists with an agenda that they want to force on everyone isn't the way to win!!!!!!

We've been and continue to do so, anyone disagreeing with that hasn't been paying attention. The harm the global warming nut jobs like Gore can do is further wreck the economy for a wild goose chase.

I find it deeply troubling that there are still elected representatives in this country, including Barack Obama, John McCain, and Arnold Schwarzenegger who have the audacity to call for immediate action to fight global warming by placing our industries at an even greater competitive disadvantage to their counterparts in Russia, China, and India through cost-prohibitive carbon sequestration schemes.

If Obama follows through on his promises to participate in the global warming hoax and moderate Republicans support him, then conservatives such as Sarah Palin and Bobby Jindal will be very difficult to beat in 2012.

More from the article...

Yet last week's latest episode is far from the first time Dr Hansen's methodology has been called in question. In 2007 he was forced by Mr Watts and Mr McIntyre to revise his published figures for US surface temperatures, to show that the hottest decade of the 20th century was not the 1990s, as he had claimed, but the 1930s.

Another of his close allies is Dr Rajendra Pachauri, chairman of the IPCC, who recently startled a university audience in Australia by claiming that global temperatures have recently been rising "very much faster" than ever, in front of a graph showing them rising sharply in the past decade. In fact, as many of his audience were aware, they have not been rising in recent years and since 2007 have dropped.

Dr Pachauri, a former railway engineer with no qualifications in climate science, may believe what Dr Hansen tells him. But whether, on the basis of such evidence, it is wise for the world's governments to embark on some of the most costly economic measures ever proposed, to remedy a problem which may actually not exist, is a question which should give us all pause for thought.