Gore: emergency rescue of human civilization needed

Is Al Gore right? With ski resorts opening early and with most of the USA experienceing below normal average temperatures this year, are we in imminent danger of being toasted by global warming?

The Climate for Change

By AL GORE

Published: November 9, 2008

THE inspiring and transformative choice by the American people to elect Barack Obama as our 44th president lays the foundation for another fateful choice that he — and we — must make this January to begin an emergency rescue of human civilization from the imminent and rapidly growing threat posed by the climate crisis.

The electrifying redemption of America’s revolutionary declaration that all human beings are born equal sets the stage for the renewal of United States leadership in a world that desperately needs to protect its primary endowment: the integrity and livability of the planet.

The world authority on the climate crisis, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, after 20 years of detailed study and four unanimous reports, now says that the evidence is “unequivocal.” To those who are still tempted to dismiss the increasingly urgent alarms from scientists around the world, ignore the melting of the north polar ice cap and all of the other apocalyptic warnings from the planet itself, and who roll their eyes at the very mention of this existential threat to the future of the human species, please wake up. Our children and grandchildren need you to hear and recognize the truth of our situation, before it is too late.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add the word people to the bolded statement and I beleive it becomes true.

I had to sit down with my daughter and do some undoctrination after she saw his movie at school.

Obama is going to be a) pushed hard on these matters; b) be expected to take the climate crisis people at their word and act on their wishes. Very undesirable position. This left wing part of the party will expect him to take on their wishes for them helping getting him elected. Whether that is true or not is irrelevant but rather he is a Democrat and they are for the most part Democrats and they will expect him to do their bidding.

Add the word people to the bolded statement and I beleive it becomes true.

I had to sit down with my daughter and do some undoctrination after she saw his movie at school.

Obama is going to be a) pushed hard on these matters; b) be expected to take the climate crisis people at their word and act on their wishes. Very undesirable position. This left wing part of the party will expect him to take on their wishes for them helping getting him elected. Whether that is true or not is irrelevant but rather he is a Democrat and they are for the most part Democrats and they will expect him to do their bidding.

Political leaders love crises because that is the time that people are most likely to act against their own best interests and surrender hard won rights to the government. Obama will gladly do Gore's bidding and fight the evil internal combustion engine and nasty carbon dioxide belching coal-fired plants. (if I was a methane-producing cow, I would also be worried Obama's war on climate change.)

Political leaders love crises because that is the time that people are most likely to act against their own best interests and surrender hard won rights to the government. Obama will gladly do Gore's bidding and fight the evil internal combustion engine and nasty carbon dioxide belching coal-fired plants. (if I was a methane-producing cow, I would also be worried Obama's war on climate change.)

Could Obama end up taxing those that have better weather (Hawaii, San Diego, Florida is in troube) and then redistribute that weather to those of us less fortunate and have to deal with humidity?:lol:

Gore's an idiot! Does he not understand that temperatures have been declining over the last 10 years? :rolleyes:
Gore is preparing his followers for the worst case - whether it is global cooling or global warming. I believe that is why the temperature-neutral term "climate change" has come into vogue over these past few months. Either way, Gore is prepared to blam his fellow humans (He, being carbon-neutral himself) for the changes. What's important to Gore is the bottom line - his bottom line.

If people begin to believe their own thermostats and conclude that global warming is afoot, the climate change models can simply be tweaked to show how man is to blame.

Gore is preparing his followers for the worst case - whether it is global cooling or global warming. I believe that is why the temperature-neutral term "climate change" has come into vogue over these past few months. Either way, Gore is prepared to blam his fellow humans (He, being carbon-neutral himself) for the changes. What's important to Gore is the bottom line - his bottom line.

If people begin to believe their own thermostats and conclude that global warming is afoot, the climate change models can simply be tweaked to show how man is to blame.

Maybe all of the energy conservation that people have been doing for the past few years has thrown off the Earth's natural cycle of warming and thrown us into the next Ice Age, according to the good former VP. :D We should be ashamed

Maybe all of the energy conservation that people have been doing for the past few years has thrown off the Earth's natural cycle of warming and thrown us into the next Ice Age, according to the good former VP. :D We should be ashamed
This economic downturn will reduce CO2 production even further and could plunge us into the next ice age. I am confident that Al Gore has a contingency plan if that happens. :lol: