Can Ft. Campbell be beaten?

Which team in the playoffs will give Ft. Campbell fits?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which team in the playoffs will give Ft. Campbell fits?

• Corbin
    • Danville
    • Newport Central Catholic
    • Prestonsburg
    • Green County
    • Bardstown
    • Monroe County
    • Louisville DeSales
    • Owensboro Catholic
    • Middlesboro

I haven't seen Ft. Campbell play this year, but in my opinion neither this year's Danville or Bardstown teams could have played with last year's Ft. Campbell team. If the Falcons are even tougher this season then I think they chug on into the finals. I know nothing about the North.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The key fact about the bolded part is that Fort Campbell would have to travel to the Region II winner for the semifinals. Winning at Danville and/or Bardstown is very difficult and although Green and Monroe would be strangers to the state semifinals, they both have excellent teams that would challenge the Falcons.

This is true and might I add for the second year in a row since last year we were in the even region during an odd year and now this year we are in an odd region during an even year. That would also mean they would have to travel next year as well if they made it to the semis. Hopefully gas prices continue to decline. :mad:

They appear to be a tough team to handicap having not seen them live, as it seems they've not really been even tested by a weak looking schedule?? They've only played one team with a winning record, and their opponents combined records are only 24-42, with no real big schools on the slate yet.

I'd guess the two time defending champ NCC might have something to say about their run through the playoffs for one, as they've managed only one loss against a much better schedule, including wins over two 6-A playoff teams.

This is true and might I add for the second year in a row since last year we were in the even region during an odd year and now this year we are in an odd region during an even year. That would also mean they would have to travel next year as well if they made it to the semis. Hopefully gas prices continue to decline. :mad:

Hopefully the KHSAA has quit the "changing regions" business. It would stupid then and I say the same today. Teams (and fans) like Fort Campbell really caught the short end of the stick.

NCC will get back to the Pizza Box and take care of business. With Kues at QB and the Kelly brothers at full strength in the backfield they should be very tough and contend.

I think you are right. They would get DeSales at home in the regional final. They would be a favorite. The state semifinals would take them to either Corbin or Prestonsburg. I think NCC would handle Prestonsburg, but a trip to Corbin would be tougher. The Breds would win, but they would have their hands full.

Even the best teams have an off game......ask the New England Patriots. Most BGP'ers from the western part of the state would probably agree that they will win it all, and its hard to best against them. However, there are several challengers (Corbin, NCC, Prestonburg, Danville, Bardstown) that will be more than happy to get a crack at the defending champs, and have a pretty good shot at taking them down. Remember, games aren't played on paper.........

I think Fort Campbell has to be favored, but if the Danville Admirals play like they are capable of in the play offs, then Danville will get to play FC at Admiral Stadium. Sam Harp has been very good at preparing his team for big challenges over his career in play off games, especially at home. This could make for a good challenge for Fort Campbell.:walk::cool:

Surely your not overlooking Glasgow!

:rolleyes: Yeah... that was a joke! lol :thumb:

I think you are right. They would get DeSales at home in the regional final. They would be a favorite. The state semifinals would take them to either Corbin or Prestonsburg. I think NCC would handle Prestonsburg, but a trip to Corbin would be tougher. The Breds would win, but they would have their hands full.

Don't be surprised if NCC and HC have a rematch in the regional final. HC would be a tough out for NCC.

I understand that any team can be beaten. The intentions of this thread was to discuss who (out of the teams listed) could give them the biggest threat. I personally think Region 1 and Region 2 are really strong and the state champion will come from one of these two. NCC is a traditional program who seem to walk out every year and play for a state title. How would they fair if they were in Region 1 and Region 2? I certainly think it would be a different story due to the physicallity of these two regions. Its only an opinion. :thumb:

You must not have seen the Breds play then. They aren't a finesse team, they can match anyone's physicality. You don't knock heads with 6A teams in Northern Kentucky if you don't play physical football.