Can Ft. Campbell be beaten?

Which team in the playoffs will give Ft. Campbell fits?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which team in the playoffs will give Ft. Campbell fits?

• Corbin
    • Danville
    • Newport Central Catholic
    • Prestonsburg
    • Green County
    • Bardstown
    • Monroe County
    • Louisville DeSales
    • Owensboro Catholic
    • Middlesboro

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your thread title: of course, any team CAN be beaten. The question is will they get beaten? I think who ever comes out of Region 2 (Danville, Green, Monroe, or maybe Bardstown) will give them a game in the semi's but the most likely threat will come from NCC in the finals.

Ft. Campbell looks like there primed to make another trip to Papa Johns. Which team in the playoffs will give them the biggest threat of getting beat? :thumb:

Good thread... They'll most likely breeze through Region 1, after that I would assume they'll be favored to beat whoever comes out of Region 2, but at that point anything can happen...

No team is unbeatable, including the Falcons. The Falcons learned that hard lesson in the 2005 playoffs when they didn't take a well-coached O Cath team seriously. Micah Johnson, ('05 Kentucky Mr. Football, All-American) and other future D-1 players on that team learned some valuable life lessons the hard way compliments of O Cath. The Falcons were by far the best 2A team that year, but they allowed themselves to get caught-up in the hype and didn't focus one game at a time. The freshman players from that season are the seniors of the current team and they remember.

The Falcons won't be upset in the playoffs this year and I don't think NCC will either. Both teams walked out of Papa John's on December 8, 2007 thinking - see ya next year!!

The Falcons and the 'Breds 2008 - too close to call!!

I don't think anyone will beat FC but I wouldn't overlook Corbin or NCC, both are very good and could upset the Falcons on a given night.
Sorry....they don't have a chance. Not only is the Falcons FAST they will hit your butt.

I think Fort Campbell has to be favored, but if the Danville Admirals play like they are capable of in the play offs, then Danville will get to play FC at Admiral Stadium. Sam Harp has been very good at preparing his team for big challenges over his career in play off games, especially at home. This could make for a good challenge for Fort Campbell.:walk::cool:

I understand that any team can be beaten. The intentions of this thread was to discuss who (out of the teams listed) could give them the biggest threat. I personally think Region 1 and Region 2 are really strong and the state champion will come from one of these two. NCC is a traditional program who seem to walk out every year and play for a state title. How would they fair if they were in Region 1 and Region 2? I certainly think it would be a different story due to the physicallity of these two regions. Its only an opinion. :thumb:

I understand that any team can be beaten. The intentions of this thread was to discuss who (out of the teams listed) could give them the biggest threat. I personally think Region 1 and Region 2 are really strong and the state champion will come from one of these two. NCC is a traditional program who seem to walk out every year and play for a state title. How would they fair if they were in Region 1 and Region 2? I certainly think it would be a different story due to the physicallity of these two regions. Its only an opinion. :thumb:

I wouldn't bet against NewCath if they were in either of these regions. They're always solid and are as physical as anyone.

I wouldn't bet against NewCath if they were in either of these regions. They're always solid and are as physical as anyone.

Very true. It seems there hasn't been alot of "hype" about NCC this year, which is probably the way they want it. However, they are always very good and well coached and always a threat to win it all.

As far as Fort Campbell, they are a very good team and I believe they will return to Louisville in December. However, any team can be beat. That goes for the St Xs, Highlands, and Beechwoods too. About the time the Fort Campbell players start believing they are invincible is about the time the likes of any of the teams listed in this poll will jump up and knock them down a notch. Thankfully, I know the coaches and players are well aware of the past playoff losses and tough games and will not buy into the belief that “they cannot be beat”.

To answer your thread title: of course, any team CAN be beaten. The question is will they get beaten? I think who ever comes out of Region 2 (Danville, Green, Monroe, or maybe Bardstown) will give them a game in the semi's but the most likely threat will come from NCC in the finals.

The key fact about the bolded part is that Fort Campbell would have to travel to the Region II winner for the semifinals. Winning at Danville and/or Bardstown is very difficult and although Green and Monroe would be strangers to the state semifinals, they both have excellent teams that would challenge the Falcons.